I would like to scare my neighbors.
Sep 7, 2004 at 4:07 PM Post #31 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
If we are talking rock, White Zombie's Astro Creep will drive them to drink. "I just said up yours, baby.."

NICE!

Sep 7, 2004 at 7:27 PM Post #32 of 57
My vote for most FREAKY is Pink Floyd’s “Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict”

When I want to mess with my neighbors I do this:

I have a custom built Infinite Baffle subwoofer system. There are four 15” woofers, mass loaded with a free air resonance of 12 hertz.

I have a signal generator; I set it for 12 hertz and turn it up to 120 db on the old radio shack SPL meter. You don’t really hear it. You feel it, and it sort of make your skin crawl.

Oh yea… In the past I have also used Edgar Winters Frankenstein.

Sep 7, 2004 at 7:31 PM Post #33 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes
My vote for most FREAKY is Pink Floyd’s “Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict”

When I want to mess with my neighbors I do this:

I have a custom built Infinite Baffle subwoofer system. There are four 15” woofers, mass loaded with a free air resonance of 12 hertz.

I have a signal generator; I set it for 12 hertz and turn it up to 120 db on the old radio shack SPL meter. You don’t really hear it. You feel it, and it sort of make your skin crawl.

Oh yea… In the past I have also used Edgar Winters Frankenstein.

Rrrr, hummm. Do I got this correct? 4 15" subwoofers. Umm, wow.

Curious as to why
wink.gif
Is this part of a Home Theater?

Sep 7, 2004 at 7:32 PM Post #34 of 57
Something to scare your neighbors?

Try blasting:

Will Smith - Gettin' Jiggy With It

icon10.gif
Guaranteed to clear out a party hall, I don't see why it wouldn't work here....

You can basically supplement that song with any other of Will Smith's "hits".
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2004 at 7:51 PM Post #36 of 57
Quote:

This is *just* what I was talking about
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 7, 2004 at 9:11 PM Post #37 of 57
“Rrrr, hummm. Do I got this correct? 4 15" subwoofers. Umm, wow.

Curious as to why Is this part of a Home Theater?”

Yes, and occasional music use.

I come out of the .1 (<80 Hertz) out of my McCormack MAP-1 into an Audio Control Richter Scale crossover/EQ. The Richter Scales crossover was factory set at 30 Hertz. 30 – 80 Hertz goes to my B&W ASW-3000 15” Subwoofer. <30 Hertz goes to a Rotel RB-990 then into the basement where I have two enclosures (1.5” of HDF) each with two 15” woofers that are vented up into the listening room via 5”x14” chimneys. The woofers are in parallel and present a 2 ohm load to the Rotel. At 2 ohms the Rotel puts out over 500 watts per channel. The sensitivity of the woofer system is 98 db/watt.

You have never, and I do mean NEVER heard movie explosions like this.

It makes me sit and grin like an idiot. Is it accurate? Hell no, and it is turned off for 99.9% of my music listening. It makes big action and science fiction movies out of this world.

Sep 7, 2004 at 9:22 PM Post #38 of 57
i would play some classical music...really loud (specially opera..i find some passages scary when played LOUD
rolleyes.gif
) and then, few minutes later...some whitehouse *check my avatar* or some japanese noise... (ie. merzbow)..if they are not intimidated by this..nothing will

a total different aproach..download some F1 engine sounds (there are some nice recordins available online) and play them as loud you can...

have fun..and report back
icon10.gif

Sep 7, 2004 at 9:35 PM Post #39 of 57
Quote:

“Rrrr, hummm. Do I got this correct? 4 15" subwoofers. Umm, wow.

Curious as to why Is this part of a Home Theater?”

Yes, and occasional music use.

I come out of the .1 (<80 Hertz) out of my McCormack MAP-1 into an Audio Control Richter Scale crossover/EQ. The Richter Scales crossover was factory set at 30 Hertz. 30 – 80 Hertz goes to my B&W ASW-3000 15” Subwoofer. <30 Hertz goes to a Rotel RB-990 then into the basement where I have two enclosures (1.5” of HDF) each with two 15” woofers that are vented up into the listening room via 5”x14” chimneys. The woofers are in parallel and present a 2 ohm load to the Rotel. At 2 ohms the Rotel puts out over 500 watts per channel. The sensitivity of the woofer system is 98 db/watt.

It makes me sit and grin like an idiot. Is it accurate? Hell no, and it is turned off for 99.9% of my music listening. It makes big action and science fiction movies out of this world.

Wow, I'd have to say you are clinically insane. And I mean that as a complement!

Sounds like an interesting setup. Do you have a thread on any home theater forums with pics, etc?

Sep 7, 2004 at 9:36 PM Post #40 of 57
Quote:

2) Any THX certified movie that has the THX certified screen. Play that noise nice and LOUD.

Is it just me or does that thing always sound like there's a warbling tape machine or something of that nature? Kind of like an old worn out VHS. All these tones going in and out of sync is what it sounds like to me. Now why would they use a sound like that for a sound & video certification program?

I have some friends that are the masters of scary music. They're fans of bands like Cannibal Corpse, Cephalic Carnage, any other gross two word names you can imagine. All extremely bad death metal type stuff. Guaranteed to piss off the neighbors. Problem with most of these suggestions though is that you won't want to be in the house yourself
cool.gif
Just pick out the most anti-commercial stuff you've got in the house and have fun.

Sep 7, 2004 at 9:37 PM Post #41 of 57
What about something by Masonna or other noise artist? Maybe some KMFDM for large amounts of bass? There are multiple paths or aggravating neighbors.

Sep 7, 2004 at 9:46 PM Post #42 of 57
Oh oh oh, I got it

Left speaker: Mischael Jackson's "Beat It" on repeat
Right Speaker: adult movies

Now that would horify anyone, even me!

Sep 7, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #43 of 57
Quote:

Just plain sick, I love it.
evil_smiley.gif
Any pics?

Another suggestion: Anything with Japanese drums (Taiko). They can sound phantastic, but next door it might be more like there's an earthquake taking place in your flat. Or, better, get a 6 foot Taiko and learn to play it at home.

Sep 7, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #44 of 57
I would record a police car siren from a dvd movie, burn it on CD-R and play it over and over as loud as possible.
If they don't stop, try a National Geographic dvd, where some big and ugly animals are coupling.

Sep 8, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #45 of 57
Crystal Method - "Murder" or "Name of the Game" (both kick supreme amounts of ass)
Future Sound of London - We Have Explosive (has a killer upper-frequency riff - your speakers better have tweeters in other words)
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back