I wish the W5000s fit remotely as well as the A900s
Feb 25, 2008 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
I've read through several old threads and is it correct there is no other option than just mangling the hell out of the headbands to make it fit? I know it's a pretty simple problem that probably requires brute force, but one last asking before I destroy the resale.
frown.gif

And yes I'm already a big fan of the sound (if I press them against my ears). And I thought the CD3000 was loose.
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #4 of 9
seems like it's possible to bend the headband without mangling it from some of the comments on that thread. But it'll take alot of work, gradually changing the bend a little bit throughout the whole headband.

Feb 25, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #5 of 9
You don't destroy the resale value at all. I forget what metal it is made from, but it is 100% re-bendable for lack of a better word. The design definitely sucks, but don't worry about the resale value because it should not be affected.

*edit* I want to also say that when I had them, I bent them very gently and not with brute force. lol

Feb 26, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #6 of 9
There was a guy who shortened the headbands, and drilled some new holes in them for the screws.
He seemed happy, if you are DIY inclined, you might want to try that.

Feb 26, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #8 of 9
To the OP, I feel your pain here, is why I unloaded my W5K.
A beautifully crafted phone but did not fit me unfortunately.

Hope you figure something out, the phone released prior, its bigger elder brother the L3000 does not have the same fit as the W5K. (not that this fact helps you any, but fyi in the future perhaps)

Feb 28, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #9 of 9
A simple way to make them tighter without bending the headband, it's not perfect but very close. All you need are a couple of ziptie's and some rubber bands.

Not too pretty tough.

162259.jpeg

162263.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back