My budget is under <$500.00

I listen to:
Techno,
Rap,
Dance,
R&B,
Rock,
a bit of Jazz and other genres.

What do you think I should get and what will last a long time in terms of how good it is.

Jun 20, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #4 of 38
There is no best. Otherwise this forum would cease to exist. Besides the music you listen to, what type of sound signature to you prefer? Cold and analytical, warm and bassy, V shaped, laid back, and so forth. This would make advice giving many times easier.

Jun 20, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #5 of 38
SM3, UM3x or upcoming Jays quad driver X-Jays......

Jun 20, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #6 of 38
My opinion is that there will never be a best. What is "the best" now may not be true in a couple of months. Technology is constantly changing and improving and more and more new products come out. However you can get a very good iem that should hold up for a while. Look at the SE530 as they have been out a long time and still there.

That link posted a couple posts above mine is a great place to start however.

Jun 20, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #8 of 38
I think in all of the hype, people forget that not everyone will like the SM3's sound signature. Everyone needs to re-think their post if they're just going to blindly post "SM3 is the best OMGKJDKFLJ" every time someone asks this question.

You should definitely take a look at that top tier IEM thread that was posted earlier. Just because the SM3 is "technically better" than other IEMs, that doesn't mean it's going to suit everyone's needs. I know for some genres I'd pick the W3s or even the Triples over the SM3s in a heartbeat. I've only heard the Triples but based on each IEMs respective sound signatures I don't think I'd like the SM3s for certain genres. 

Just my 3 cents. 

Jun 20, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #10 of 38
I hate to help out a Habs fan, but here goes anyway:

For a fun IEM: Westone 3

For a neutral IEM: Shure SE535

Go Leafs Go!

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Jun 20, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #12 of 38

Quote:
Well what's good for Rap, Techno, Dance, R&B?

I don't find music preferences to be more important than sound signature preference. I find myself enjoying all and any kinds of music genres if I have a phone that suits my preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back