I want to buy a new IEM with good bass like PX100 and more quality and a warm/clean sound (dbeyerdinamyc vs brainwavz vs soundmagic vs radiopaq vs VSonic vs Sunrise)
Feb 26, 2012 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Bahamut2

New Head-Fier
My old IEM was the CX300 (wich was pretty good for me, very clear and crisp and good sound quality).
But that was 3-4 years ago, i know there are better options now.

Now im using Sennheiser PX100-II wich is the one i love, is there an IEM that is like the PX100 for the IEM world?
What can you recommend for me? (max price arround 70$ / 50eur)

Help me decide the best 4 inears in this list.
Some IEMS i liked, seems like beyerdinamyc vs brainwavz vs soundmagic vs Sunrise:

Sunrise Xcape impressive edition 73€
Beyerdynamic DTX101iE 61€
Soundmagic E10 33€
Soundmagic E30 33€
Brainwavz M2 48€
Brainwavz M4 63€
Radiopaq Jazz 18€
[size=1.7em] Phonak Audeo 022 65€[/size]

EDIT:
After buying/testing the ones in "bold", this is my own opinion. I have to say that i didn't find one that "equals" px100 because the iems soudn very different and the bass is not that good, so i finally decided to get best sounding iems instead of bass powered ones. At least i find it sounds better.

Brainwavz M2 
IT has the best bass (+2) but i find the bass to be uncontrolled and very low, sound is not clean and it fatigues you soon.
It has sibilance and i dont like that.
The sound signature is very dark (too much!) and not clean... so bad for classical music.
Some details are lost.
VEREDICT: 7/10

Soundmagic E10
The bass is good (+1), not as powered as brainwavz M2 but for me the bass is more controlled and sounds more fun.
The sound is too bright and has the worst sibilance problems. A LOT of sibilance, it hurts my ears...
It has too much bass for classical music, only good for bassy music.
Some details lost in the music.
VEREDICT: 8/10

Beyerdynamic DTX101iE
The bass is good, not as good as E10 but for some it may be enough.
The sound is a bit bright (it has a bit sibilance, but not as much as E10, so for me is better).
The good part, it is good for all kind of music (works good on classical and with bass too), its a very good balanced IEM. :)
It has very good detail in the sound, for me this is a very neutral sound and good quality.
VEREDICT: 8'5/10

Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition
It has the best sound quality of all 5 IEMS but maybe needs a bit of amplification. Even though with iPod/iPhone it sounds veyr good with the sound maxed and you dont need the amply.
The bass is a bit low, but at least it's nice sounding and for me is enough. It is not bass heavy but the bass doesn't fatigue your ears.
There is no sibilance, that is why is my choice, i HATE sibilance because i like to have the volume very high :) good in every aspect, really very noticeable better sound qualiyty (you can hear more sounds)
More details are gained :)
VEREDICT: 9/10

Radiopaq Jazz
Not comparable to the others, quality is not very good, for me is comparable almost with the cheap iems you can find in street shops. Maybe it is because i compared it with very very good ones.
VEREDICT: 4/10

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #9 of 40
Yes, but reviews are a bit "personal" and i want an easy opinion, anyway from that thread i found these to be the most affordable:

RE0 66€
Etymotic M5 51€
dBeyerdynamic DTX101iE 61€
Soundmagic E10 33€
Soundmagic E30 33€
Soundmagic PL21 18€
Soundmagic PL30 21€
Soundmagic PL50 43€
Brainwavz M3 73€
Brainwavz M4 63€
(all brainwavz versions are there but i dont know about this brand, inlude M1 and M2 too...)

The top would be RE0 but they only sell it in USA and also i dont know about the bass. Joker usually talks about overwall qualiyty and not specific things. Anyway i liked those in that list (price is in EUR from my local stores).

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #11 of 40
Like the above poster, don't get the re0 if you like the overwhelming bass of the cx300. I have both and the jump in bass is quite drastic. However, I do love the re0s for the clarity and I added sony hybrid tips to improve the bass quantity a bit but its bass is still completely different form the cx300. For bass response I'd recommend one of the Brainwavz

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #13 of 40
My question now is about the sound signature, what do you think of dbeyerdinamyc vs etymotic vs brainwavz vs soundmagic?
I Know etymotic has a good quality, but what about the bass?

I have read the etymotic MC5 sound is like the RE0, does it mean the bass is low?

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #14 of 40
+1 for E30, great sound and comfort for a good price, fairly balanced sound though, with an airy presentation.
For a lil bass boost without taking too much from the other frequencies try Dunu DN12 Trident, excellent build quality and great sound for the price, thicker presentation, fuller sounding.

Regards

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #15 of 40
yestetday got sm es18($19), which have same drivers as e10, and sq is on par with e30 only with bigger bass, only cable feels cheap, but anyway, its steal. so better than pl30 and pl21 and costs the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back