I want to buy a new IEM with good bass like PX100 and more quality and a warm/clean sound (dbeyerdinamyc vs brainwavz vs soundmagic vs radiopaq vs VSonic vs Sunrise)
Feb 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #16 of 40
I can't buy ES18 in my country yet :frowning2: I have to stick with those in my list... (and some other brainwavz models)
lvrhs can you tell me about the soundmagic IEMs? can you compare me those 4 and tell me the overall quality?
Are the PL series "cheap versions" of their products?

Feb 28, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #17 of 40
PL are the older versions, the E are the newer models, the E30 is upgraded PL30 etc...

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #18 of 40
randomkid is right, pl is old models, pl30 debuted in 2007, or 2008. until now pl21 was my fave budget earphone, es18 is much better. pl30 and other pl models are worse exept armature pl50, but wich lacks bass and is expensive. all e models in sq are about same, but es18 is much cheaper due to accesories and materials used.

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #20 of 40
Yes i want to buy from internet, i didn't say so. I just mean that if i buy from USA i have to wait1 month to arrive here so i preffer buying products from Spain, maybe from Amazon Spain or another internet shop. I just want to buy 2 or 3 but i dont know yet if i can test them and return the others.

I think these are all good bass, i dont know much aboout the brainwavz brand but as for the reviews these are good quality. Does it worth buying dBeyerdynamic oeer the others? Can someone tell me how can these 3 brands compare?

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #21 of 40

Quote:
Like the above poster, don't get the re0 if you like the overwhelming bass of the cx300. I have both and the jump in bass is quite drastic. However, I do love the re0s for the clarity and I added sony hybrid tips to improve the bass quantity a bit but its bass is still completely different form the cx300. For bass response I'd recommend one of the Brainwavz

Overwhelming bass of the CX300? Are you sure your CX300 is real? I have the CX300 from a reliable source, and its bass isn't overwhelming, just very decent. Do you have some super triple flange tip on it giving you such an incredible seal? I am using mine with just  typical single flange tips.

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #23 of 40
[size=10.0pt]There are quite a few threads regarding this brand. [/size]

http://www.head-fi.org/search.php?search=radiopaq

[size=10pt]Don’t let the price put you off, they were originally sold at six times the price when they were first launched. (Un)Fortunately they didn’t sell many, so you can now get them at ROCK BOTTOM prices.[/size]

[size=10.0pt]http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=radiopaq+customs&_sacat=0&_odkw=radiopaq&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313[/size]

I have five pairs...

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #24 of 40

Quote:
[size=10.0pt]There are quite a few threads regarding this brand. [/size]

http://www.head-fi.org/search.php?search=radiopaq

[size=10pt]Don’t let the price put you off, they were originally sold at six times the price when they were first launched. (Un)Fortunately they didn’t sell many, so you can now get them at ROCK BOTTOM prices.[/size]

[size=10.0pt]http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=radiopaq+customs&_sacat=0&_odkw=radiopaq&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313[/size]

I have five pairs...

I checked this, is the jazz version the best for overall music? I dont like having to buy the 4 earbuds...

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #25 of 40
My votes go to Brainwavz M1 and Soundmagic E30 in your list coz I have both. Their SQ are definitely better than CX 300 II that my brother has (which I think is the bass boosted version).

Vsonic GR06 is also worth a look at £32. Quite spacious and airy, Gd instrument separation, sounds lush and fun. Great value for money.

Feb 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #26 of 40

Quote:
I checked this, is the jazz version the best for overall music? I dont like having to buy the 4 earbuds...

I would go with the jazz for overall music. The classicals are flat and bland sounding, however they respond the best to EQ'ing. You can coax some great textured sounds from them also.

Feb 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #28 of 40

Quote:
My votes go to Brainwavz M1 and Soundmagic E30 in your list coz I have both. Their SQ are definitely better than CX 300 II that my brother has (which I think is the bass boosted version).
Vsonic GR06 is also worth a look at £32. Quite spacious and airy, Gd instrument separation, sounds lush and fun. Great value for money.

I was about to delete M1 from my list as some user in other forum says it is the one with lower bass, usually people says M2 is the best of all, why do you like M1?

I added vsonic and discarded the sound magic PL series because retailer says those are the "old series" maybe that means E10 and E30 are the best of them.
Also found sunrise on a shop and added it (a bit expensive).
Also added radiopaq jazz as everyone talks very good on every site and also it is the cheapest. 

My last list has to have max 3-4 inears for me to buy. I already decided one will be radiopaq because of the price. So help me decide the other 2/3... one has to be soundmagic, and the other maybe brainwavz and maybe one of the others to... i still have to read more about them.

Feb 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #29 of 40
M2 has more bass emphasis which is not my preferred sound signature. I like the slight forward mids and overall balance tone that M1 provides. M1's bass may be light to others but for me they are sufficient, decent and punchy. They will sound warmer and more fun with Sony hybrid tips.
If you are looking for more bass and exciting sound, then M2 should fit the bill.

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #30 of 40
Yeah thanks, i read that somewhere too so i deleted M1 and M3 from my list. I just want good bass like PX100.
Because i will buy (later) other earbuds with a different sound signature, now i only need a good quality sound with good bass for all my pop/rock/electro music. :)
I will buy other ones for classical/instrumental music in the future.

So now  E10 vs E30 vs M2 vs M4 is the hardest part for me without earing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back