I WANT this virus! (Never thought I'd say that)
Mar 7, 2008 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

dgbiker1

500+ Head-Fier
This is great! I never thought I'd want a computer virus, but this thing seems pretty cool
biggrin.gif
It would make a great "screensaver".
Troika | art and design studio | london | art virus -Don't worry, it's a youtube video you won't get infected (I didn't to my disappointment, you need the USB drive w/ the virus).

Mar 7, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 12
Damn that's sick, but how does it detect the position of the screen without having an actual gyroscope.

Mar 7, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #5 of 12
Remember that the Macbooks have a built in accelerometer and motion sensor. That's how it knows to lock the hard drive should the laptop experience a fall. This virus just utilizes the signal from that for a slightly more nefarious purpose.

Mar 7, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1rocketpilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember that the Macbooks have a built in accelerometer and motion sensor. That's how it knows to lock the hard drive should the laptop experience a fall. This virus just utilizes the signal from that for a slightly more nefarious purpose.

Exactly. There are a lot of programming libraries available out there that get the signal from the accelerometer (see Processing language). I made a really basic program a while ago to change my room lighting color based on how I tilted my laptop. Totally useless and impractical, but fun
smily_headphones1.gif
There's one that actually useful that switches desktops when you (lightly) smack the side of your laptop.

Mar 8, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #9 of 12
Fake for sure!
A Mac don't auto-install anything from a memory stick. ...and there were no warning on the screen when he just pulled out the stick without ejecting first.

Looks cool though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back