I want slide guitar proposals
Feb 1, 2004 at 3:32 AM Post #16 of 21
B0000645KZ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Feb 2, 2004 at 12:16 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by davei

There's also an Indian guy whose name escapes me at the moment - he worked a lot with Ry Cooder, and won a Grammy with him (I think?) V.M. Bhatt or something like that. He plays this modified archtop like a madman.

Correct, Vishwamohan Bhatt. Anders, you must check him out. His musicality, accuracy, finesse and sheer speed will knock your socks off! You can read more about him and the Mohan Veena that he plays at his website:
http://www.vishwamohanbhatt.com/

Feb 2, 2004 at 7:52 PM Post #19 of 21
Bonnie Rait shoudl be well up your list of slide guitar players. Nick of Time is classic of hers and should be relatively easy to find.

Feb 3, 2004 at 1:44 PM Post #20 of 21
Derek Trucks is ridiculous--makes me want to sell my guitar! See him live, he'll rip your face off
eek.gif
his band tours frequently and plays small venues.

Feb 3, 2004 at 2:56 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Dimitri
Derek Trucks is ridiculous--makes me want to sell my guitar! See him live, he'll rip your face off
eek.gif
his band tours frequently and plays small venues.

Completely agree with this. I've seen him live four or five times, the first time he was 15, and he is amazing. Don't expect much theatrics, he's completely focused on the music and hardly moves from the spot he's standing on. Saw him a couple of months ago and he said two words the entire night. He speaks with his guitar! His band is excellent, especially Kofi Burbage on keyboards and flute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back