I want a watch, not a piece of jewelry
Sep 30, 2006 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

granodemostasa

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,
I'm looking for watch recommendations. something that won't come apart, and has a readable interface. something good looking would be good, but i'll be wearing it all the time and with different outfits, so no 24k gold rolexes. Thanks
-David

Sep 30, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #3 of 64
Budget?

For lower budgets, Citizen, Seiko, St. Moritz and Casio make very good-looking watches that work with all outfits. Mmm, EcoDrive Ti.

For LOW budgets, go for the Timex Expedition metal-bracelet series. It looks more expensive watches but costs much less.
icon10.gif

Sep 30, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 64
I want an Ecodrive chrono that a girl can pull off, but there are scarce few chronos that a girl can wear, much less an ecodrive. Swatch/Tissot seem to have that market sewn up.
frown.gif

Let's not forget Orient Star. I don't know if Orients are always folded links, though the one I have is. The Orient Star certainly isn't. I even have a Swatch irony medium that has a solid stainless steel bracelet, the ceil clare in blue. And yet the Tissot pr50 auto has folded links, explain that one.
wink.gif

Sep 30, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #5 of 64
I'd recommend one of these:

00017om_spm_pro.jpg

I have one and I love it. It's a bit of a pain because it's such a good watch and it has such history it's the only watch I'll ever wear. Which makes it impossible to justify me buying one of these:

31MON1133TAG.jpg

Oct 1, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #8 of 64
forgot: budget is less than 300
thanks for the recommendations

the citizen eco drive watches are looking pretty good right now, so are the skagen ones...

Oct 1, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #12 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
B00068TK9I.01-A2FZRUU7GAANGP._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I should've gotten this instead of the $80 Pulsar one...
frown.gif

Well, still gotta love 60% discounts!

This thing is, in my definition, the sexiest watch ever forged by the human mind.

Yea I've always liked that watch, now if it just had numbers on the face I'd get one
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #13 of 64
Those Casio atomic-solar watches look interesting. Accurate and powered by light. I can't speak for quality or warranty though. Looks like they have a few models that are all digital displayed as well, so easy viewing.

Oct 1, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #14 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Those Casio atomic-solar watches look interesting. Accurate and powered by light. I can't speak for quality or warranty though. Looks like they have a few models that are all digital displayed as well, so easy viewing.

I know it's not really a comparison but I bought a Pulsar Solar powered Titanium watch back around 1998, it keeps perfect time, and has always staid powered up. Even when I don't wear it often.

Oct 1, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #15 of 64
skagen are prone to breaking

ive had to return my timex expedition 3 times... wouldnt recommend them

for budget outdoor, all-weather watches i say japan-made casio g-shock. for everyday watches ill go with japanese-made seiko, orient star, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back