I want a good $100 player with good build quality, good firmware, and long battery life.
Nov 9, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #16 of 81
  Why should someone be expected to charge a player each day? I prefer to charge a player once a week, although when heavily used(or after the player gets old) charning twice a week wouldn't be so bad. Imo charging every day is unacceptable. Battery life around 40 hours is what I want. Also keep in mind that battery life decreases with time. If a player starts out with 40 hours of battery life, hopefully after a few years the battery life will still be 20+ hours.

So get 3 pcs of Newsmy A33 and you'll have more than 50 hours play time in total and still under $100. Problem solved! 
wink.gif

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #17 of 81

You can't be serious. I think working everyday is preposterous too, but that's the way it is. I have no problem of charging my players once every couple of days, especially if the recharge only takes 1-2 hours. 

Consider this. If a player gets 12 hours of battery life and takes 3 hours to charge, run time is 4 times charge time. If a player gets 40 hours of run time on one AA battery, and someone charges 4 AA batteries at a time in a 15 minute charger, run time is 640 times charge time. I guess some would suggest that a player use a rechargeable CR123A battery as it is more compact than a AA battery, although rechargeable CR123A batteries take around 2.4 hours to charge, and are typically charged one or two at a time.

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #18 of 81
JK1,

I heard Fiio M3 (and likely the entire M series) won't take over 128GB mSD, which was said by JamesFiio.

Just like you, I like Sanda Clip+ with Rockbox too (I have 4). If you insist on +12 hrs battery life though, your upgrade choice may be limited. Sonys A10 series are quite of expensive for what they offer (personally, I don't like their weak power and single mSD slot, in view of their price, though its UI, AptX and battery life is nice).

I would probably get this XDuoo X3 for myself as upgrade over my beloved Sansa Clip+, as XDuoo's Linux UI is probably not difficult to be changed to Rockbox and it has two card slots. IIRC, a member has confirmed in this thread that the Xduoo can handle over 128GB of music.

The M3 takes cards up to 64GB.

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #19 of 81
  Consider this. If a player gets 12 hours of battery life and takes 3 hours to charge, run time is 4 times charge time. If a player gets 40 hours of run time on one AA battery, and someone charges 4 AA batteries at a time in a 15 minute charger, run time is 640 times charge time. I guess some would suggest that a player use a rechargeable CR123A battery as it is more compact than a AA battery, although rechargeable CR123A batteries take around 2.4 hours to charge, and are typically charged one or two at a time.

Not sure what kind of DAP you're using that has AA batteries, and especially not sure what kind of AA batteries you've got that only take 15min to charge? I have rechargeable AA and AAA batteries and they take a minimum of 4 hours to charge, sometimes even 5-6 hours. Regardless, in 99.999% of the cases, these DAPs will run on a standard Lithium battery like those you get for RC models.

The xDuoo X2 has around 10 hours battery life and take about an hour sometime less, to charge. That's 1 hours of charge for every 2 days. I think that's pretty good.

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #20 of 81
  Why should someone be expected to charge a player each day? I prefer to charge a player once a week, although when heavily used(or after the player gets old) charning twice a week wouldn't be so bad. Imo charging every day is unacceptable. Battery life around 40 hours is what I want. Also keep in mind that battery life decreases with time. If a player starts out with 40 hours of battery life, hopefully after a few years the battery life will still be 20+ hours.

This seems utterly mad! Do you want a phone that does the same? You need to consider battery size to performance of the device ratio. If you listen to music more than you sleep then maybe I can see the priority in this but a few hours on charge while you rest your noggin is not much of a stretch. Your logic on a battery dropping to 20 from 40 seems a little unrealistic also as a lithium ion battery degrades from when it is made and in experience will serve you for around 3 to 5 years effectively so I would be more focused on the sound and quality it produces. 

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #21 of 81
Any word on when the M3 will be available at Amazon or B&H? Any word on the M5? it seems like we have been waiting over two months for the M3 to become available. I can't even find photos or exact specifications for the M5. Are the final specifications still uncertain? At this rate, it seems like the M5 might not become available until February or March. 

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #22 of 81
  Any word on when the M3 will be available at Amazon or B&H? Any word on the M5? it seems like we have been waiting over two months for the M3 to become available. I can't even find photos or exact specifications for the M5. Are the final specifications still uncertain? At this rate, it seems like the M5 might not become available until February or March. 

James already said that they still haven't started working on the M5, so in no way is it 3-4 months away. My guess on ETA is probably next summer or next fall most likely

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #23 of 81
  James already said that they still haven't started working on the M5, so in no way is it 3-4 months away. My guess on ETA is probably next summer or next fall most likely

Wow. I need to be more patient. Hopefully I will be able to get an M3 within the next two weeks. If the M5 is at least 6 months away, then I might buy a player of a different brand early next year. I still want to get an M5(if it is priced under $100). This is probably the first time in over 10 years that I have gone over a year without buying an mp3 player.

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #24 of 81
Nov 10, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #25 of 81
What about a player that you perpetually charge? For instance I have an iPod 5.5g 80GB with a docking station for work and a USB adapter for the car so the battery is always charged. When I do have to be elsewhere I have 20hrs of music and a power-brick. You can pick up a 5.5g for under 100.00 and even rockbox it.

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #26 of 81
Why do you need more than 12 hours battery life. Honestly, how much listening are you planning to do in one day?

I'll agree there, you have two options as a Consumer, quality or Conveience. It's very convient to  not have to charge your device but 1-2 a week, but you'll sacrfice quality in the mean time

I have a Hifiman HM901, bettery is listed at like 8 hours, but it doesn't hold that initial charge if you let it sit for like a week, it's annoying but guess what [1 Hifiman has a better model out now for the same cost as the orignal <.<] an 2 it sounds AMAZING, so I can live with that bettery life

You could also try to find a used iPod nano, my Nano lasts me like... 16 hours or so, I charge it like 3 times a week in a heavy week of use 

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #27 of 81

Any word on when the M3 will be available at Amazon or B&H? Any word on the M5? it seems like we have been waiting over two months for the M3 to become available.  

If I recall correctly, FiiO said that the M3 would be available for sale starting today, Nov. 10--although I haven't seen that, yet.  I have seen it available for pre-sale for end of Nov. shipping, at Amazon.co.uk and via eBay, a Spanish website and elsewhere.

And I thought that I read FiiO state that the M3 would be available at Amazon, although I assumed that meant Amazon.com in my myopia--nothing there as of now.

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #28 of 81
  Thanks--looks nice.  Still would like to see a simple clip accessory--would be easy enough for FiiO to do, now.

You mean a case with a clip on the back? Any word on the M1? Battery life? Date available? The M1 is supposed to be a clip on player with a small screen. I guess very much like the Sandisk Clip+, but probably better. I don't know if the M1 will have a built in radio or not. My guess is no, although there might be versions with or without the radio?

Nov 10, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #29 of 81
  You mean a case with a clip on the back? Any word on the M1? Battery life? Date available? The M1 is supposed to be a clip on player with a small screen. I guess very much like the Sandisk Clip+, but probably better. I don't know if the M1 will have a built in radio or not. My guess is no, although there might be versions with or without the radio?

Why don't you look on FiiO's website?  You could see for yourself.  That's what I did.

Nov 10, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #30 of 81

Users who are viewing this thread

Back