I totally hate itunes is there an alernative?
Dec 4, 2006 at 11:54 PM Post #17 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or mediamonkey. At mediamonkey.com

Looks interesting - I'm gonna give this a spin

Dec 5, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #18 of 54
I use the Zune software because I think it is alot more organized and you can automaticaly update the track info based on the original CD via the software.
Just right click the CD cover and click "Change Album Info" and it will search for the CD in which it will update through.

Dec 5, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #20 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by exX08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the Zune software because I think it is alot more organized and you can automaticaly update the track info based on the original CD via the software.
Just right click the CD cover and click "Change Album Info" and it will search for the CD in which it will update through.

This changes what the ID tags are right? And not just what it says in the program? If that is right, I have a ton of files I don't want to edit by hand!

Dec 5, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #21 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rockbox isn't supported on the 80gb yet.

his problem was really just itunes handling his tags, and i believe he resolved in another thread.

Yeah what Zip22 said is true I think for now my angry rants 'bout itunes have been resolved. For now.

On a lighter note my pair of Jordan's retro IV arrived today and I must say that they are heavenly (even though I can't dribble a ball to save my life)

Dec 5, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #22 of 54
iTunes-haters should give Songbird a try. The open-source alternative to Songbird, and comparable to foobar2k and amaroK. It supports every format imaginable, has an Audioscrobbler plugin, and has a lot of awesome features dealing with MP3 blogs and other music-ridden websites (since it is built on the Mozilla core).

And plus, I recently joined the development team...
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2006 at 12:47 PM Post #23 of 54
Kansei: do you buy music? IF so where? Using my Ipod I thought I was really restricted only to Itunes for music purchases.

Aman: tell me more about Songbird. And, like the above, can I purchase music thru it for my Ipod?

I'm not all that upset with Itunes, but would like to know alternatives out there to both manage music and purchase music all being compatible with Itunes so I can switch back and forth.

And found Anapod somehwat quirky altho that was sometime ago; still have it loaded on my PC, but haven't used it for awhile due to its quirkiness. Has that been resolved??

Dec 5, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #25 of 54
tnmike1 says:
Quote:

[M]anage music and purchase music all being compatible with Itunes so I can switch back and forth.

As to a music browser on Windows, there are many alternatives and a number have been mentioned on this thread.

As to purchasing music online, please don't. In the long-term, you are better off buying and ripping the album yourself. There are a number of site for cheaper cd's: YourMusic.

If you buy online music from the iTunes Music Store or other online site, the music is of a lower quality and drm'd. The music will only play on certain players.

Dec 5, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #26 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think Mediamonkey is great.

I agree... There are some aspects that need alot of work, but from what I have heard the upcoming 3.0 release will address those.

Dec 5, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #27 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tnmike1 says:

As to purchasing music online, please don't. In the long-term, you are better off buying and ripping the album yourself. There are a number of site for cheaper cd's: YourMusic.

If you buy online music from the iTunes Music Store or other online site, the music is of a lower quality and drm'd. The music will only play on certain players.

QFT. Buying online music is as smart as punching yourself in the face (imo) Why pay more for lower quality music with stupid restrictions?

Buy cds from sites like the one pds6 mentioned or either a used music store. I prefer amazon... but there are others like secondspin or half.com that have great prices. Plus you get lossless quality with zero restrictions
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #28 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
QFT. Buying online music is as smart as punching yourself in the face (imo) Why pay more for lower quality music with stupid restrictions?

the huge reason is convenience. second is selection.

Dec 6, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #29 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aman says:

Question: What is black and white and doesn't work.

Answer: Songbird.

Absolutely every function on Songbird works for me. Audio playback quality is the same as anything else, and the open source community is extremely dedicated to this project.

And it's only in alpha-development stage.

Dec 6, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #30 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the huge reason is convenience. second is selection.

Wrong. Most media player software today can rip CDs automatically upon insertion. And not nearly enough music is online yet. I would reckon not even 5% of all the music out on CD is cataloged on the online music services yet. And don't mention all of that music on vinyl that never got put onto CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back