I think someone is trying to scam me, advice please...
Jun 23, 2004 at 7:03 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
Rasmus, yes they do provide this service to Euro customers. I'm one myself. No, do not wait, do not contact the seller any further. Just call the Visa customer service and cancel the payment asap.

Duncan

That's like the first time you have EVER signed something in here (at least that I've read.)
tongue.gif

Well I got a mail from him last night and about the fact that both of his accounts was removed he said:

Quote:

Somebody made a false accusation about me and when I find out who it was I'm going to buy a plane ticket and speak to them face to face.

okay... I send him a email back, tellling him that I found him rather fishy, and I would cancel the transaction without notice. I accoused him of a lot of stuff, and he hasen't even written back(!)
He also said that my item was shipped yeasterday. He hasn't signed any of the letters I've recived from him, and the name in his email is not the same as in his paypal info...
So, I'm going on a festival from today till sunday, could I let it hang till next monday or would my chances be dramaticly smaller by then?
Thanks,
Rasmus

Jun 23, 2004 at 10:16 AM Post #17 of 28
Do it A.S.A.P. Don't wait.

I've had a similar experience (except I didn't pay for anything) with a Mac computer. I think the guy either somehow hijacked someone elses profile ( to show good feedback) or he somehow hacked in a phony listing and profile.

The fact that he's having any sort of problem with someone accusing him of something .... enough to have his accounts shut down.... is plenty of evidence something is likely very wrong.

If the offer seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Jun 23, 2004 at 6:09 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002
That's like the first time you have EVER signed something in here (at least that I've read.)
tongue.gif

Well I got a mail from him last night and about the fact that both of his accounts was removed he said:

okay... I send him a email back, tellling him that I found him rather fishy, and I would cancel the transaction without notice. I accoused him of a lot of stuff, and he hasen't even written back(!)
He also said that my item was shipped yeasterday. He hasn't signed any of the letters I've recived from him, and the name in his email is not the same as in his paypal info...
So, I'm going on a festival from today till sunday, could I let it hang till next monday or would my chances be dramaticly smaller by then?
Thanks,
Rasmus

Nope, I personnally wouldn't wait till Monday to cancel payment. Unless the seller has some sort of evidence to show you that he had actually ship the item out (ie. tracking number info or insurance number of the package). Right now you are basing your trust on him totally on what he claims. He doesn't respond to your emails in a timely manner or even at all.

Jun 24, 2004 at 6:29 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

tongue.gif

Thanks,
Rasmus

Rasmus, best not to wait...It only takes a couple of mins to make the call as they'll first send you a form to fill out which you'll return to them via post. As such I wouldn't wait, no.

Duncan

Jun 24, 2004 at 8:06 PM Post #21 of 28
I don't know if this is a scammer but it's the first time I received a reply to an ad like this:
PS: I responded to him that I can't sell a radio like this per some importation rules. I think I saw a notice like that on the box when I bought it.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Greetings,My name is SAMUEL, I saw your {ICOM U-16 Commercial UHF
Band radio} and its fits
what i have been searching for.let me have the final asking PRICE you
are willing to sell .i reside in UK,I will handle shipment withouts
to My base in UK.Do you accept cashier checks as a method of
payment.Sorry if i may ask,is this your personal property cos' i dont
want to involve myself with stolen properties for sale.what is the
condition like? Well reply with your full name,contact address,phone
number and fax,prove of ownership,so that i can commence payment
immediately ifit is still available....

Name in Full ...

Adderess...

City....

Country......

State..

Zipcode...

Phone# both cell and Home.

Get back to me with information as soon as possible.
SAMUEL

Jun 24, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindTiger
I don't know if this is a scammer but it's the first time I received a reply to an ad like this:
PS: I responded to him that I can't sell a radio like this per some importation rules. I think I saw a notice like that on the box when I bought it.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Greetings,My name is SAMUEL, I saw your {ICOM U-16 Commercial UHF
Band radio} and its fits
what i have been searching for.let me have the final asking PRICE you
are willing to sell .i reside in UK,I will handle shipment withouts
to My base in UK.Do you accept cashier checks as a method of
payment.Sorry if i may ask,is this your personal property cos' i dont
want to involve myself with stolen properties for sale.what is the
condition like? Well reply with your full name,contact address,phone
number and fax,prove of ownership,so that i can commence payment
immediately ifit is still available....

Name in Full ...

Adderess...

City....

Country......

State..

Zipcode...

Phone# both cell and Home.

Get back to me with information as soon as possible.
SAMUEL

Run, run like the wind..!.
icon10.gif

Jul 2, 2004 at 11:53 AM Post #23 of 28
Hmm, they just called from the bank today. They estiminated it would take >3 month to go through PBS which apparently does VISA's job here. Question is, should I go through paypal now, or wait 3 month for the pbs folks. It seems rather pointless to wait 3 months, so I guess I'll be better off going through paypal, eh?

(30 days since transaction isn't yet btw)

Jul 2, 2004 at 1:24 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Hmm, they just called from the bank today. They estiminated it would take >3 month to go through PBS which apparently does VISA's job here. Question is, should I go through paypal now, or wait 3 month for the pbs folks. It seems rather pointless to wait 3 months, so I guess I'll be better off going through paypal, eh?

I'd start the process with PBS and then contact Paypal as well. If Paypal miraculously solve the problem in a few days cancel the process with PBS; it's not like PBS are working with this day and night if it's going to take them 3 months...
wink.gif
The main thing is that you start the ball rolling with PBS inside the allotted 30 days. If you start messing with Paypal first and they don't come through for you, chances are it will now be more than 30 days since the transaction took place and then you'll be in trouble. Good luck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2004 at 2:56 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
Send him an O-o-o-orpheus!
biggrin.gif

Would that be two soup cans on a peice of metal that's vaguely semi-cirular with some strings coming out of the cans leading to a box full of electronics junk (like capaciters and resisters and stuff)?

Jul 2, 2004 at 7:02 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

I would also recommend that you initiate the process thru PBS and at the same time contact paypal to see what they can do. Carefully read paypal's policy on recovering money from non delivered purchases as you may not get 100% of your money back depending on the amount you paid the seller. When it comes to getting one's money back from a paypal transaction, paypal is pretty useless. It's like they're sitting there with their thumbs up their asses and claiming they did all they could do which amounts to about nothing. Still it's worth a try, if paypal can resolve this quicker than PBS and meets your satisfaction then it's a plus. If not you always have PBS to fall back on, it's just that there's the 3 month resolution period.

Jul 2, 2004 at 7:25 PM Post #28 of 28
I have send a complain to paypal, and I'll see how it goes. The seller have 10 days to either pay me back or prove he in fact have send *something*. I doubt he respond though...

The funny thing was, the dude I send money was a vertified paypal'er so he might not want to get his account blocked. We'll see. I'll report back.

I'll go and sign the paper in the bank monday when I go to town anyway.

Thanks for all the advice,
Rasmus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back