I think my right driver on my basically new AT's have gotten messed up, somehow.
Jan 12, 2021 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bowowie

New Head-Fier
I was listening to my headphones a lot lately, they're my first pair of hi-fi and over-ear headphones. They're the AT-ANC900BT, if anyone cares to critique me on that decision. I was listening to some music, and I realized that some vocals and treble sounds have almost a stretching sound. I haven't really given them an absolutely fair test, mostly just spotify, mp3, and my awful turntable that I am going to upgrade. But, I did notice that they almost seemed a little rattl-ey with some vocals, like some tracks off of Blond/e, for example. But, I listened to a song intro with some deep drums, and it sounded like my right driver was thumping against something. They still sound great, plenty of bass, but this scared me, and any advice?

Jan 12, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #2 of 8
Could be as simple as a hair poking through the mesh / foam and touching the driver. Look inside the ear cup and make sure there's nothing in there.

Jan 12, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #4 of 8
I was listening to my headphones a lot lately, they're my first pair of hi-fi and over-ear headphones. They're the AT-ANC900BT, if anyone cares to critique me on that decision. I was listening to some music, and I realized that some vocals and treble sounds have almost a stretching sound. I haven't really given them an absolutely fair test, mostly just spotify, mp3, and my awful turntable that I am going to upgrade. But, I did notice that they almost seemed a little rattl-ey with some vocals, like some tracks off of Blond/e, for example. But, I listened to a song intro with some deep drums, and it sounded like my right driver was thumping against something. They still sound great, plenty of bass, but this scared me, and any advice?

I have not had good experience with AT.
since they were no longer made in Japan and have become a worldwide brand, typically with a 1 year warranty or none, I bought 600 dollars or so between 5 pairs of ATs and all of them have stopped working. This may have nothing to do with your question.

Jan 13, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #5 of 8
I have not had good experience with AT.
since they were no longer made in Japan and have become a worldwide brand, typically with a 1 year warranty or none, I bought 600 dollars or so between 5 pairs of ATs and all of them have stopped working. This may have nothing to do with your question.
That's some good info, and I am sorry about that. Not specifically, know, but that is good info.

Jan 13, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #6 of 8
If it's 100% reproduceable, it's either a crinkled driver diaphragm, or part of the diaphragm is loose, or the voice coil isn't securely attached to the diaphragm, or there is debris inside the headphone.
I think any of these problems warrants a replacement by the retailer.

Jan 13, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #7 of 8
If it's 100% reproduceable, it's either a crinkled driver diaphragm, or part of the diaphragm is loose, or the voice coil isn't securely attached to the diaphragm, or there is debris inside the headphone.
I think any of these problems warrants a replacement by the retailer.
Problem with that is, though, I've already had it for a few weeks. Would they still? Does this warrant a trip to an audio shop-type place? I live in a small town.

Jan 13, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #8 of 8
Problem with that is, though, I've already had it for a few weeks. Would they still? Does this warrant a trip to an audio shop-type place? I live in a small town.
I'm pretty sure the minimum global warranty offered by any company is 1 year.
There are laws in place to protect consumers. I'm not sure how it is in USA, but in Europe, even if an item is sold with "1 year warranty", EU law stipulates that electronic goods must carry a 2 year warranty, which retailers must abide by.
The lowest I've ever heard of was 3-months, but that was a long while ago in the UK... and it kinda broke EU trading standards... might not have been a headphone though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back