I think id like to get into some Dave Mathews, where to start?
Dec 7, 2005 at 6:26 PM Post #17 of 24
Live at Luther College. Amazing.

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #18 of 24
By far, my favorite DMB recording I've heard (commercially released) is the Recently EP. It's the only available release of Halloween, which is an amazing, moving song.

I'm one of those snobs who quit paying attention to them after they got signed with RCA, however. I've seen them 5 or so times since 1994, and 40 or so times between 92 and 94.

Dec 8, 2005 at 12:30 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
By far, my favorite DMB recording I've heard (commercially released) is the Recently EP. It's the only available release of Halloween, which is an amazing, moving song.

I'm one of those snobs who quit paying attention to them after they got signed with RCA, however. I've seen them 5 or so times since 1994, and 40 or so times between 92 and 94.

FWIW Halloween is on Before These Crowded Streets as well.

Dec 8, 2005 at 2:03 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by nmculbreth
FWIW Halloween is on Before These Crowded Streets as well.

It's also on the Gorge DVD (along with the audio version on the full box set) and a Warehouse Fan Club release.

And, I agree, this is a great song.

Dec 9, 2005 at 7:16 AM Post #21 of 24
Sorry, I had to bring this thread back up.....The Central Park Concert is forking awesome!! I'm listening to Two Step right now as I type a 24-hour take home exam. I'm completely wired on caffeine and exhausted, but this album just has me bopping in my seat....fantastic.

PS - It sounds awesome on a pair of MS1s I'm borrowing.

Dec 9, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zamboni Guy
It's also on the Gorge DVD (along with the audio version on the full box set) and a Warehouse Fan Club release.

And, I agree, this is a great song.

yeah but the btcs version is a studio version, the other two are live.

Dec 12, 2005 at 7:37 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
yeah but the btcs version is a studio version, the other two are live.

As a live taper, were you at MSG on Saturday night to catch a phenomenal version of Halloween? Full band version.

I heard an IEM recording. Good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back