I think I have lost it !!
Dec 9, 2006 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

derekbmn

Headphoneus Supremus
Yes I just waxed my MPX3. PLEASE someone tell me they have done this . My wife just came downstairs and asked "WHAT ARE YOU DOING" . I said waxing my amp she said "WHAT A WEIRDO" !!! I must admit it looks REALLY good though
biggrin.gif
. Sooo Has anyone else done this or .......??????
blink.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 20
Oy!
biggrin.gif

Actually, if I could afford the MPX3, I would wax it.......often.
blink.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 8:09 PM Post #4 of 20
Of course, we neurotics don't think you've 'lost it', not at all...

*goes to look for that can of turtlewax misplaced, for the preservation of the LemonYellow paint job on the Mapletree*
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #5 of 20
How 'bout some pictures of your shiny MPX3 then?
tongue.gif

Rest assured, no one here is going to call you a weirdo. I admit to shining my iPod with Brasso (not anymore though)... those were the days of OCD
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by gordolindsay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oy!
biggrin.gif

Actually, if I could afford the MPX3, I would wax it.......often.
blink.gif

LOLOLOLOLOL!

Dec 9, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

Rest assured, no one here is going to call you a weirdo. I admit to shining my iPod with Brasso (not anymore though)... those were the days of OCD
biggrin.gif

x 2.

And no, you havent "lost it". It's just like people waxing their cars. Now why would someone want to make their box-on-wheels, which is for distance-covering purposes only, shiny?
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

tongue.gif

Would love to, but unfortunatly the only computer I have with a floppy drive is down for the count. I have an old Sony Mavica (FD83). I REALLY need to invest in a new camera , but when I have spare money laying around I always spend it on more audio equipment and music. I will get a new one soon.

Dec 9, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

tongue.gif

Actually, let me add a similar story. My gf was being nosy and started TOUCHING the tubes on my amp. TOUCHING! ... there were finger prints all over them. I quickly got out the rag that came with my DV cam that i use to clean the lens and gave my tubes a good cleaning. I cant stand it when people touch them.

Dec 9, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hell I wax my head, now that is wierd
icon10.gif

I've seen your terrifically edited photos in the lounge Mike and I must say, thats one buffed noggin
icon10.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What does one cost?

From moon site:
Pricing

MPX3 Headphone Amplifier········································· ·················································· ··············· 995.00

MPX3-SLAM Headphone Amplifier········································· ················································· 1199.00

(*)MPX3-SLAM-SE Headphone Amplifier········································· ································· 2149.00

Ultimate Power Supply············································ ·················································· ························· 285.00

(*)Jensen Copper PIO Coupling Capacitors········································ ····································· 154.00

(*)Two Channel Gold attenuator········································ ·················································· ········ 229.00

(*)Solen Plate Voltage Input Capacitors········································ ·············································· 65.00

(*)Black Gate Power Capacitors Stage 1················································· ····································· 189.00

Black Gate Cathode Capacitors········································ ·················································· ············· 185.00

(*)High Voltage Switch············································ ·················································· ························ 199.00

Second Headphone Jack·············································· ·················································· ························ 80.00

Second Standard Attenuator········································ ·················································· ····················· 65.00

Second Gold Attenuator········································ ·················································· ·························· 229.00

Cardas Rhodium Inputs············································ ·················································· ··························· 78.00

Pre-amp Output············································ ·················································· ········································· 119.00

Cardas Rhodium Output············································ ·················································· ························ 39.00

Texture Control··········································· ·················································· ·········································· 149.00

Neutrik Locking Headphone Jack·············································· ·················································· ····· 99.00

Sylvania VT-231··············································· ·················································· ····································· 125.00

Hytron 1951 6SN7GT············································ ·················································· ······························ 135.00

Hytron 1954 6SN7GT············································ ·················································· ······························· 85.00

Ken Rad 1943 VT-231··············································· ·················································· ························· 145.00

Not for accuracy, just a ballpark cost. Call for purchase cost.

Dec 9, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #15 of 20
How much it costs? Well it can be summarised with one word: expensive
wink.gif
(for me at least I won't speak for those with Supra, Supra-XLR, Maestro, SDS-XLR)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back