i think i found!
Mar 13, 2012 at 6:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

vissor

New Head-Fier
So...after a month of sleeples nights.
i think i found what i am looking for.
All round closed earphones,with good bass and great sound quality.

Sennheiser HD25 II.

frome the reviews i think they have all what i need.
sound quality,isolation,and nice bass.

so what do you think guys? is this the right chooise?

and also another question.

in amazon the name of this earphones is Sennheiser HD25-1 II.
in the store i want to buy they called Sennheiser HD25 II.

is this the same model?

thank you for your help.

Mar 13, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #2 of 31
Have you seen the Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohm?

Mar 13, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #3 of 31
yes its the same model. Go for it, they are really good. Just make sure its not the HD25-1 II SP, as they have different drivers.

Regards

Mar 13, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #6 of 31
yes from experience, i have used them at school, they do isolate well from velour but no way near as good as the senns.

I am reccomending the senns from experience too.

Mar 13, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #10 of 31
sure...it doesnt matter to me.
i am looking for a good solid bass,nice mids and good treble.
at first i was looking at the shure srh940 but they are not for my kind of music...electronic,rap,hip hop... also i hear pink floyd,enigma...
then i found the HD25-1-II 
and now i am confused again cas beyer 770 pro on the topic.

so what is the diffarnce between them,in the aspect of sound quality?
what cons and pros.?

thanx

Mar 13, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #11 of 31

Quote:
sure...it doesnt matter to me.
i am looking for a good solid bass,nice mids and good treble.
at first i was looking at the shure srh940 but they are not for my kind of music...electronic,rap,hip hop... also i hear pink floyd,enigma...
then i found the HD25-1-II 
and now i am confused again cas beyer 770 pro on the topic.

so what is the diffarnce between them,in the aspect of sound quality?
what cons and pros.?

thanx

DT770 is your closest bet for bass + highs not so much mids. SRH940 and HD-25 were both bass weak for it.

Bascally DT770 = super bass, recessed mids, slightly bright highs, decent isolation, comfort

HD-25 II = great isolation, small sound stage, slightly weak bass, good highs, good comfort but not as good as DT770

SRH940 = weak bass, bright highs, meh mids, decent isolation butnot as good as DT770 , meh on comfort

Doesn't matter if it's portable, I've seen people rock DT770 Pro 80 plenty in public.

Mar 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #12 of 31
Consider the ATH-ES55, i had the 25-II and had to let it go as it was too fast and in your face, it never lets up.

The ES55 is better in most areas, not quite as big in the bass impact area though.

Mar 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #13 of 31
DT770 is your closest bet for bass + highs not so much mids. SRH940 and HD-25 were both bass weak for it.

Bascally DT770 = super bass, recessed mids, slightly bright highs, decent isolation, comfort

HD-25 II = great isolation, small sound stage, slightly weak bass, good highs, good comfort but not as good as DT770

SRH940 = weak bass, bright highs, meh mids, decent isolation butnot as good as DT770 , meh on comfort

Doesn't matter if it's portable, I've seen people rock DT770 Pro 80 plenty in public.

Meh mids on the SRH940? Have you even heard the 940? That about runs contrary to everything in the SRH940 thread.

To the OP: You may want to wait a few weeks, V-Moda's new M100s are due soon and Val seems very excited about it.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #14 of 31
in conclusion.
i love bass.more than high and mid.
but i dont wont to loose also the mids and high .
so the srh940 lacks the bass that i want.

so its hd25 or 770.

the reviews on the 770 is good,but i still afraid that i will loose the mid and high if i buy this ones...so its hard decisiion for me :/

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #15 of 31

Quote:
in conclusion.
i love bass.more than high and mid.
but i dont wont to loose also the mids and high .
so the srh940 lacks the bass that i want.

so its hd25 or 770.

the reviews on the 770 is good,but i still afraid that i will loose the mid and high if i buy this ones...so its hard decisiion for me :/

Beyer DT770 does not have weak mids. The bass is also not super strong. The bass is emphasized, but it's not earthquake worthy, it's a good but not overdone bass. The mids are slightly recessed, but not in a way that I've found detracts from vocals for example or guitar for example, it still sounds right and not muffled or without detail there. The treble is sparkly and a touch bright, but not to the point of spiking you in half. It's an excellent closed headphone, super comfortable, very durable, big deep velour padded cups with a great sound stage. Easily one of the better closed back headphones out there in the sub-$200 arena. It's often over-looked and under-rated. But I find myself always going back to the Beyer. Beyer just seems to do it right.

Another one to look at is the M-Audio Q40 with velour pads. It's a bassier DT770 basically with less bright treble, for less. I still prefer the Beyer DT770. But again, it's another option to consider.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back