I think I found the secret of Grado comfort.
Mar 25, 2009 at 11:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

wnmnkh

Headphoneus Supremus
The problem is headband shape, not the pads.

Again like SR225 and MS-1, after received MS2i, I felt good pain from wearing these. So I adjust headband to put headphile C-pads.

By pure accident, before I put C-pads, I decided to wear MS2i with the original pads (bowl)

The pain was gone.
ph34r.gif
They are amazingly comfortable now.

V9 Grado C-Pads, Grado Pads

Look at the "Adjusting Headband for Better Fit of C-Pads" of the page. You can do same adjustment for non-c-pads and get same great result.

Mar 25, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #2 of 30
oooh those look nice
biggrin.gif

time to look up comparisons of how they sound versus the stock pads

Mar 25, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 30
wnmnkh, I agree 100%, with my SR-225 and SR-60 before it, I found bending the headband out improved comfort (and the bowls are more comfy imho)

one thing I'll throw out there for you to try: wear 'em backwards (so "right" is on your left ear), I found that more comfy, just switch the channels on your amplifier/source and everything is fine
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i found it too,it's called AKG K-701

He asked for comfort, not a downgraded listening experience
icon10.gif

The mere fact that the headband is so adjustable makes it hard to get the absolute perfect fit. once you do get that fit, they are very very comfortable, especially as the pads wear in. I'm using my old SR-80 bowls on my SR-225, and the only things I think are more comfortable that I own are my MDR-F1.

Mar 26, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dp1774973.jpg

Grados?

No, that's a picture of a Koss Pro-4AA.
tongue.gif

Mar 26, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by themanbeast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He asked for comfort, not a downgraded listening experience
icon10.gif

The mere fact that the headband is so adjustable makes it hard to get the absolute perfect fit. once you do get that fit, they are very very comfortable, especially as the pads wear in. I'm using my old SR-80 bowls on my SR-225, and the only things I think are more comfortable that I own are my MDR-F1.

Touche
biggrin.gif

I have a pair of RS1 and GSK myself; while I can wear the GSK comfortably without having to bend the headband, I had to do it to my RS1 to get a fit of reasonable comfort.

Mar 26, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, that's a picture of a Koss Pro-4AA.
tongue.gif

The Pro4aa doesn't have any clamping force IMO. They actually seem a little big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back