I think I broke the cable... But is it??
May 6, 2013 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

justcurious

New Head-Fier
I currently own a Ortofon eq-5.. It has a pretty impressive build and it feels solid... I usually store it in a small pouch... Therefore, I have to roll it up into a nice circle before inserting it into the pouch... A few days ago, I didn't really roll it up nicely and put into the pouch... Today, I opened the pouch and took it out only to notice a pretty bad 'kink' or a bend with the right cable.. mMore like an L shape although not 90 degrees, just maybe 50 or 60... So I unbend it to straighten it back.. But now I'm a little worried about my right earphone... Do you think it has lost it's sound quality somehow??.. I know, I have to listen to it myself... But I can't really point any weird sounds or malfunctions and that's good, I guess... But I'm still worried of course... I listened for like 45 minutes to try and find any additional problems.. So far, there's none.. 

I just want to know if such a bend would be like a death sentence for sound quality.. Because sometimes our ears just couldn't tell the difference... What are the 'symptoms' I should look out for?? I just want to get this worrying feeling off of my head...

May 6, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
I currently own a Ortofon eq-5.. It has a pretty impressive build and it feels solid... I usually store it in a small pouch... Therefore, I have to roll it up into a nice circle before inserting it into the pouch... A few days ago, I didn't really roll it up nicely and put into the pouch... Today, I opened the pouch and took it out only to notice a pretty bad 'kink' or a bend with the right cable.. mMore like an L shape although not 90 degrees, just maybe 50 or 60... So I unbend it to straighten it back.. But now I'm a little worried about my right earphone... Do you think it has lost it's sound quality somehow??.. I know, I have to listen to it myself... But I can't really point any weird sounds or malfunctions and that's good, I guess... But I'm still worried of course... I listened for like 45 minutes to try and find any additional problems.. So far, there's none.. 

I just want to know if such a bend would be like a death sentence for sound quality.. Because sometimes our ears just couldn't tell the difference... What are the 'symptoms' I should look out for?? I just want to get this worrying feeling off of my head...

It should be fine as long as nothing inside the cable is broken. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back