I think I blew out my Left channel on my GILMORE LITE
Nov 29, 2010 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DySon

New Head-Fier
Today while watching a documentary on my PC I hear this scratching sound and realized that the LOOP OUT  RCA outputs wires were not connected to my speaker system and instead the connector end made contact with the steel edge of my desk. Now the left channel in my Amp is outputting at around only 10% of it's power.

I am wondering what inside the amp did I blow and is it an available part that I can purchase and re-solder back on. I am very heart broken since I have had this Amp for over 4 years without any issues and it's a component I use rigorously on a daily basis.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Nov 29, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 3
I'd recommend posting this in the DIY section The GLite is a simple design and 
well understood because of the similarity to the DIY dynalo. All of the parts are
easy to source. There are several DIY'ers who could walk you through the
troubleshooting if you feel up to attempting the fix yourself.
You will need a DMM and soldering tools and basic knowledge of using them.

Here is a link to the dynalo builders documentation, which is very well written.
The dynalo is a nearly identical circuit but the physical parts arrangement is
somewhat different. The set up and voltage tests are identical. Run through
the voltage tests towards the end of the document as a start towards fixing yours.
The most pertinent voltages are the voltage across each ~25ohm resistor in the
"ladder" of resistors between the output transistors on the bad side.

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #3 of 3
First off I would like to thank you "Bang Bing" for taking time to answer my thread. After further investigating it seems the contact with my looped line outs blew the left channel on my emu-1212m not the amp. I will be making a post now in the appropriate section of the forum to see if anyone can help me address this issue.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back