I suffer from a touch of "germaphobia"
Apr 23, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #31 of 31
I’ve been the same way for along time. Not only that but in the 20 plus years I have been with my wife; I made her into one. There are compulsive obsessive types that just wash their hands too much but that is simply some other issue. Germaphobic personalities tend to speculate on dangerous possible occurrences and avoid them. It’s almost germ paranoia really. I haven’t ate at salad-bars for 30 years. Never eat any food that’s left out in the open. Hardly ever eat a people’s house. Pot-lucks? Never.

I enjoy how I am. Though having a medical photographer education made it way worse. Once you learn the disease and pathogen systems it’s worse. I remember actually going to medical seminars where MDs would lecture about public bathrooms for 45 minutes straight. For them it’s kinda a way to be scientifically entertaining in a slightly non-pedestrian way. The stories get laughs as they are serious and gross at the same time. The other thing too is I’ve always had a fascination with microscopes. I actually had different sets of microscopes starting at the age of ten. Maybe that’s why I actually leaned to photograph small things well. But microscopes are also super scary in a way. The fact that there are small bugs around us all the time. Regular carpet has millions of mite bugs. A regular glass of water is absolutely filled with life. You start to see this with a microscope. Not to mention that very few things are truly clean. Haha.

I’ve said enough. But the medical profession is also kind of filled at times with a slightly different kind of people as they also will connect wildly morbid stories about disease. I have never found such things all that entertaining but that’s the style of personality you find working in hospitals or medical offices. They are wonderful good people who truly enjoy helping people but can be slightly different in the scientific things they find amusing. Believe it or not the teachers in most forms of the medical profession seem to be that way. They will use these style of stories to actually help people learn about medical science. It’s this interesting science drama where bugs and medical conditions somehow make learning fun. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back