I submitted my order for tubesurround
May 31, 2005 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

sfxjames

100+ Head-Fier
Looks, like I going to try this out, I just submitted my order for tubesurround headphones.

I know it looks bogus, but I willing to try anything about now.

I have just watched Bourne Supremacy and the car chase really sound awesome in dolby headphone, lot of good car scenes. Another good way to test out dolby headphone. However the overall imaging still has the appearance of being compressed and really close to the head.

This is what SVS improves, it makes the effect adjustable.

Music and dolby headphone crosshands, but music and SVS are so complete the experience replicates the performance from a holosonic, freek'n hmoe theater laboratory. And not very many home theater fans have that.

May 31, 2005 at 3:46 PM Post #2 of 25
this thing?
0,,156522,00.jpg

i saw they had a Hat model as well to disguise it!

you MUST review this for us!

May 31, 2005 at 10:41 PM Post #3 of 25
Well my money has now been sent, it costs 200.00 not 150.00. Now I feel like I'm by something more on the lines of professional equipment, not cheap rip off run'amuck electronic store stuff.

NBE records doesn't sell cheap wireless headphones just highly advanced intelligent items. Items that have more brain-power than gun powder, like the same SONY DJ SOUNDBLASTERS you find yourself wanting to empty on, anyday you throw on your ugliest apparel and walking into another high-priced glitzy electronic fashion shop, and gaze over stereo models with big speakers either approaching you to offer their assistance or not.

May 31, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT
When you will receive it....

We Want Pictures!
very_evil_smiley.gif
preferably with you wearing them.
biggrin.gif

yes we want proof that someone on headfi actually bought those...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 6:51 AM Post #6 of 25
Here's the proof.

I have bought them from tubesurround.com through pay pal, and I even received an email from yul anderson himself telling me to pay NBE records with pay pal and not by money order, and yes I happen to be a homo sapien.

Heres the list of headphones surround systems I have tried,

DSP PRO (great for prologic)
Sony MDR-DS5100
AW791 by Acoustic Research
THE HEARO 777 QUADRA!
The SE-XB1
and
THE SE-DIR800C with ATH-DCL3000.
and now

TS 6.0 by tubesurround

I "WILL" demo these using the Yul Anderson live in concert DVD, that comes with it. If these headphone can replicate the ambience of trivioli concert hall in 5.1 surround sound, than it should do very well with something trivial as say the sound of exploding glass as Neo fires machine gun rounds against the side of a building , or the wide round about clammor of ampitheater as maximus enters the arena, or the sound of debree flying in your face as anakin and obi-wan race ahead to catch an assasin by aircar, or the sound of UFO eclipsing an entire city block.

I do have one Question for any of you music lovers out there.

Can music soundtracks be just as complex as movie soundtracks.

If so, give me an example of one.

Jun 1, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #8 of 25
Forget that! You know the version with the rasta HAT is where it's AT!
tubesurround_3.jpg

Jun 1, 2005 at 3:52 PM Post #9 of 25
I look just as bad with my DCL3000 on my head as well, they have big cups.

For all you music lovers here are some comments taken from site.

"Since I was 14 years old I have been listening to Jimi Hendrix music. When I heard Foxy Lady, Voodoo Child and other songs through The Tube Surround, it was absolutely amazing, in fact, it was unbelievable. I could hear sounds, instruments in multi-channels that I could never hear before. There is simply no other headphone which I have ever used that I can compare The Tube ambience. Song after song, I could say is WOW!!!. I had to run home and get other CD’s to hear with these headphones. I realized that in all my years of listening to my favorite artist CD’s, this was the first time I had ever heard them. Yes, I have to confess that it was the absolute first time I had ever heard Jimi Hendrix !. It was as though, I had bought CD’s that where in “color sound” and only have heard my Hendrix collection in black/white headphones. There is no doubt that with The Tube headphone I could hear Jimi Hendrix sound around my head the way he heard it in his head."

"I can say this, my job is to review DVD’s for the Hollywood Reporter, thus, I have watched 100s of DVD titles. When I heard “The Matrix” with the Surround Sound Tube Headphone it was great. Being able to hear the DVD’s in your home with these headphones will save a lot of marriages. I would love to use these headphones for my work. They are fantastic!"

"When I heard The Matrix DVD in 5.1 surround, I heard the multi-channel ambience and digital sound effects much better in the Surround Sound Tube Headphone. The Surround Sound Tube Headphone sound was superior compared to our best model."

That last comment was by Philips, not the person philip, just someone who works for philips. Best model he must mean SBCHD1500 as the model.

Here's another comment, "YES I'M STILL BUYING THEM AND YES I WILL BE WEARING THEM SOON and NO YOU ARE STILL READING THIS CORRECTLY."

that's a comment by me.

I'm not really familiar with posting picture but I will see if I can get some friends to help me with that one.

Ohh one more thing Hollywood Reporter is living and breathing website this is not one those unrealistic reviews, not dead like all the reviews you read up on about the SONY MDR-DS5100.
rolleyes.gif
Somebody should throw in bouquet those headphones should've been buried by now.

By the way if any of you still find the MDR-DS5100 favorable try it out you have my utmost condolenses, just don't forget to put back your eardrums. They have a tendency to be sensitive to hearing crap. Crap sounds great, Of course atleast with SE-DIR800C the crap isn't as audible.
tongue.gif

Ashes to Ashes
Dust to Sony

Here lies the MDR-DS5100 may it be forever lost in our hearts and in our ears.

If anyone has any warm comments about MDR-DS5100
keep it to yourself our ears are still hurting.
lambda.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 4:27 PM Post #10 of 25
How soon will it be before we pit

Team Tubesurround...
-
0,,156522,00.jpg
pic.php

VERSUS...

Team Sennheiser Surrounder!
-
sennheiser2.jpg
surrounder01.jpg

You have to admit, at least Team Sony comes out of this with a bit of dignity - their entry looks like a can, at least -
B00006IS52.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Jun 2, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #11 of 25
No need to exaggerate my feeling about sony, I'm just mad at the fact that they have litterally taken half the movie surround experience away from all the average consumers with their 5.1 surround sound systems. Almost all our favorite films are based on sonys own sound format SDDS (7 or 8 channel surround) and this format can not be included in DVDs only cinema equipment. Most films in THX though all seem to sound great even with DH. I don't know what the deal is. THX has been misrepresented by a lot of experts, saying that it isn't a sound enhancement at all.

Well to me it is, THX means a lot to me. THX means, the sound is their to please and not to dissappoint me.

Star Wars films seem to sound much better than all the other non-THX films, like I-robot, Spiderman 2 or Chronicles of Riddick but that's only with DH.

My guess is that, since I'm still left with bad surround set-up that any average correct home theater set-up will improve upon movies like the ones I mentioned above, especially classics like Men In Black or Lost In Space.

I guess I haven't heard the real 5.1 experience yet

Jun 9, 2005 at 6:05 PM Post #13 of 25
And....? Any good? I dare you to wear them in public
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 6:07 PM Post #14 of 25
PICS!!!
icon10.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 7:26 PM Post #15 of 25
This is an area I haven't explored yet, think I'll check out the advisability before diving in but.....Sure sounds interesting.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back