I sold it all for the V3-O Darths
Mar 24, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #76 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OH YEAH. It was me. NO WAY I could resist those.

Now I will have to see what has to get sold - I have a strict policy - no net new stuff. One item comes in, one has to go out.

Congrats!

I have the same buying system. That's why I have no DAC or 2500 Ultra anymore lol.

Mar 24, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #77 of 124
Wow. The difference is already coming on through burn in. Nice sound. TOTALLY different Open vs Closed. Like having two different headphones for real. Close in rocking music or detailed sound is better closed while atmospheric music like some grand classical or operatic scores would sound cool open. Bass slam is more intense closed obviously but mmm I need more time I need to **** until I get at least the Zhalou dac setup.

Mar 24, 2007 at 12:40 PM Post #79 of 124
"$Sold (in less than 10 minutes!)"
blink.gif
, that has to be some kind of record.

Mar 24, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #80 of 124
It was a record price too. I understand they were $895.

Makes me feel like I got a steal for "only" $673 lol.

Oh well, Sky can afford it.

Mar 24, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #81 of 124
I don't remember at how many minutes they sold - but weren't the ones done with Sapele wood the same price?

Edit: showing as Deal 5, and IIRC now residing in the great state of Texas

Mar 24, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #82 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't remember at how many minutes they sold - but weren't the ones done with Sapele wood the same price?

Don't remember about the Sapele but Skylabs are Paduak and black lacquered Bubinga.

Mine are Maple w/ bloodwood covers and red leather pads lol. I really need to take some pics today.

Mar 24, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #83 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry, the fancy Sapele Darths are with me and they are on the other side of the globe
smily_headphones1.gif

IMG_1458.jpg

Mar 24, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #84 of 124
Serious congratulations, Skylab!!!

I'm glad that you got them, and that spacemanspliff got the 'boobies', because I know that the two of you will share your learned impressions with the world.

These are exciting times in Headphile land. I have a set of black leather pads that I'm saving for a 2008 pair of Darths. (I have a bit of financial catching up to do after this buying spree and with my October Nepal trek to the real Annapurnas pending.) Who knows what craziness Larry will be selling by then?

Mar 24, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #85 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Serious congratulations, Skylab!!!

I'm glad that you got them, and that spacemanspliff got the 'boobies', because I know that the two of you will share your learned impressions with the world.

These are exciting times in Headphile land. I have a set of black leather pads that I'm saving for a 2008 pair of Darths. (I have a bit of financial catching up to do after this buying spree and with my October Nepal trek to the real Annapurnas pending.) Who knows what craziness Larry will be selling by then?

Dude, Nepal? That's completely sick.

Be careful man they are some man-eating mountains up there.

basshead.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #87 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

cooper, glad to hear you got your priorities straight! Nepal is fabulous. i trekked in the central part of the country by the Ganesh himal, and did the fly by everest and kanchanchunga seeing close up several of the tallest peaks in the world. yeah, and no doubt larry's creation's will continue to evolve. mebbe next year you can get some vario-darth boobies (a plastic surgeon's delight!).
cool.gif

skylab and spliffmeister, looking fwd to some serious reportage. when will you possess your latest purchase, skylab?

Mar 24, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #88 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snacks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"$Sold (in less than 10 minutes!)"
blink.gif
, that has to be some kind of record.

Before I made "the rules", customs would never even make it to deals page. That was no fun... Since then, this was one of the quickest, though there's been some others real close.

Both are cool designs, though I really like the fully adjustable. Tempted to try that on HP3000! Whether they'll be more, well that would be against my own rules to tell
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #89 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanadu777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Before I made "the rules", customs would never even make it to deals page. That was no fun... Since then, this was one of the quickest, though there's been some others real close.

Both are cool designs, though I really like the fully adjustable. Tempted to try that on HP3000! Whether they'll be more, well that would be against my own rules to tell
very_evil_smiley.gif

I think, Larry, that you might get a few, "Pretty pleases with $ugar on top", for the variable Darths.

The variable is the first headphone I have seen that can be tweaked like that. Think of the different sound signatures you can get with that design.

Tuneable cans!

Mar 24, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #90 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
skylab and spliffmeister, looking fwd to some serious reportage. when will you possess your latest purchase, skylab?

Wednesday or Thursday at the latest - can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back