I sold it all for the V3-O Darths
Mar 21, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #31 of 124
lol don't pinch my nips!

wink.gif

Maschuu I would bet you are not from my neighborhood.

pfft means nothing. not making a comment towards you at all ok?

Mar 21, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #32 of 124
I would never have made a boob connection unless I'd read the posts here saying how boobie they are.

Sweet headphoens though. I thought Larry had stopped doing the ported darths because they were too time consuming.

Mar 21, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #33 of 124
Larry said that they took some time but the thing that he could not stand was the covers. The first ones had a gummy paste that allowed you to open or close. It was messy and he is a perfectionist(I hear) so he stopped it. There's no telling if he will do it again but he did solve the Cover issue by using a magnet that allows for it to sound very much like a V3 closed. Of course, the cups are deeper so it should have unique sonic properties that are MINE!! ALL MINE AND NO OTHERS!! lol jk

Got a wee excited if you will pardon the mess there.

basshead.gif

Mar 21, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #34 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
note to spliff- never EVER let Nikongod take a pic with them. ever.
eek.gif

dude!

me first anyway. i paid for them lol.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 21, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #35 of 124
Wow. I really like thier CD3K-esque bubblish curvature! Idk how I feel about the nipples yet (I assure you I'm quite straight). They are simply beautiful though.

Hope they sound as good as they look! Nice grab!

Mar 21, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #37 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the red pads.

These are leather pads. Which I assume only available with 2005 Beyer Manufakture. Wondering how Larry gets them, must have some connections I guess.
I'd love to get a pair for my DT880.
frown.gif

Mar 21, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #38 of 124
You can order them from Beyer for I think $50. I've heard Skylabs V2 with the leather pads and it improves the seal but is a bit hot unless you have the a/c cranking. I really can't wait to hear those beauties with the deep cups and the covers/nipples off. HUGE soundstage ftw!

Mar 21, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #39 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can order them from Beyer for I think $50.

Are you sure about that. How can I do that?

Thanks

Mar 21, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #40 of 124
The leather pads are about 30 euros, and I got mine only through a friend who ordered them as "spares" for his Manufacturs...

Mar 21, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #41 of 124
I wondered who bought those. I told Larry that if I hadn't just given him all my money, I would have bought them just for the kick of seeing people's reactions. As soon as you get them, you must take pics of them on your head. I suggest a few from different angles. You can't buy them then not show them.

Mar 21, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #43 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey spliffy, have you thought about accessorizing?

Nipple_Rings.jpg

ROFL!!

I will get my wife to take some pics. I am sure she will think I am a moron which is ok b/c that means she married one.

THEY MIGHT BE HERE TOMMOROW!!!
basshead.gif

Mar 21, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #44 of 124
Nice score there, Spaceman.

Mar 22, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #45 of 124
I was just thinking that the with the deep cups this can is going to be HUGE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back