I should'nt have ordered the 770 PRO version... :(
Jul 1, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #16 of 26
If money is tight I can understand the added stress of making what is a big purchase and a gamble to you. Having all that time to wait for the mail makes things worse.

Try not too overthink and stress yourself out while you wait. Finding a good distraction with something you enjoy in the meantime will help until you can finally open that present to yourself and hopefully find joy in your purchase. Best of luck!

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #17 of 26
Thank you. :)
I will update about the outcome.

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #18 of 26
  I see. thanks.
One question only- the earpads alone are what makes the differences between the M and PRO versions?

No. M is missing the "bass reflex" hole in the cup (no sub-bass), has more clamping force and has a volume slider on the cable.

Jul 1, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #19 of 26
  Yep, you right. sound quality is a priority too. I wish those headphones will give me both.
If it won't, that's going to suck, because I just spent most of my money on headphones I want to listen to music with outside without people have to know what songs I listen to. and when you get down with the volume, sound quality is getting a bit lost too (like details which are really important to me, that's why I like it loud).

Maybe the M\PRO doesn't sound that night-and-day different. once again, maybe it's just a placebo...

No it's not placebo, definitely not. They're completely different headphones with a different purpose. They have different pads, different drivers, slightly different cups, different clamping force, different cable, etc. They're really tuned for DRUMMERS to use during recording sessions, not for listening to music.  They're the last headphone you want.

Really if you want good noise isolation but still good sound quality on the move, you should have not gotten the DT770's in the first place, instead you should buy an in-ear headphone for the same price. Or a headphone made for portable use, preferably with active noise cancelling if noise isolation is so important.

Jul 1, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #20 of 26
I hate in-ear headphones, I tried the quality ones of them and they are really pain in the ear (\ass).
I hope 770 are good enough to isolate sound leakage...

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe it's just a placebo.

Maybe but earpad material and certain dimension changes can change the overall sound, like old earpads on Sennheisers.

Like I said, the only real way to be sure is to test, but in your case the DT770 Pro is on its way, so you have the option of not opening the seal on the box which can cost you repacking fees if you don't like them, so just return it outright. There's really not much else to be done since they're on their way to you. If you're still on the fence when they arrive instead of "I can't wait to listen to this!!!" then just ship it back ASAP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I like listening on loud volumes... this is the whole point (for instanse- DT990 250ohm out of STX extreme gain, 30 volume level out of 100)

DT990 is semi-open, so you're dealing with more ambient noise than you would with a closed headphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate in-ear headphones, I tried the quality ones of them and they are really pain in the ear (\ass).
I hope 770 are good enough to isolate sound leakage...

You have to accept design limitations. IEMs can be irritating but they can seal off your ear canal better; in the same manner a CIEM can totally seal off your earcanal, but they cost more because it's not like they're being cranked out of an assembly line where "assembly" is the only thing that needs to be done once thy have all the other parts cranked out by another line or another factory. Headphones on the other hand cannot seal off your ears that well because the earpads aren't exactly shaped to fit your skull like how either IEM will seal off the ear canals. Just touch your head around your ears - your cranium tapers off towards the back. Your earpads need to enclose the earlobes but still have the earpads around the skull areas that are still relatively flat, but even if you have Arnold Schwarzenegger's square Germanic jaw they still taper off towards the chin.

Wearing headphones tight doesn't completely solve all those problems since the pressure needed at each zone differs. At best, there's Sennheiser with their tilted oval earcups (round earcups tend to need the earlobe to be at center to fit, but then you end up laying the rear half more over where the cranium tapers off), so you might want to take a look at the HD380 considering all the clarifications posted by the others regarding the DT770M. At the same time, even if wearing them tight offers some improvement, many can have a noticeable EQ-effect just by being closer to the ears, plus earpad wear is accelerated.

Jul 1, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #22 of 26
  Yep, you right. sound quality is a priority too. I wish those headphones will give me both.
If it won't, that's going to suck, because I just spent most of my money on headphones I want to listen to music with outside without people have to know what songs I listen to. and when you get down with the volume, sound quality is getting a bit lost too (like details which are really important to me, that's why I like it loud).

Maybe the M\PRO doesn't sound that night-and-day different. once again, maybe it's just a placebo...

I've been in business, specifically sales, for quite some time, and you unfortunately are going through
some of the worst "buyer's remorse" I've ever seen or even heard of.

Unless there's some huge emergency, wait for your headphones to arrive, listen to them,
decide if you like them.  Note that the ratings for the "m" version on Amazon are pretty
bad.  Amazon won't even sell them.  If you like the 770 Pro's, and they're very popular,
you can try swapping the pads for the 'm' pads.  Don't buy the ones you linked to; buy
real genuine Beyer product.  Easily available from Full Compass, Musician's Friend,
and Beyer USA in Farmingdale (IIRC) New York.

If ultimately you really don't like the headphones no matter what, you've always
got the option to take some pictures and sell them.  Nearly new DT770 Pros's
should sell very quickly and easily indeed.

Cheers,

Jul 2, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #23 of 26
If money is tight I can understand the added stress of making what is a big purchase and a gamble to you. Having all that time to wait for the mail makes things worse.

Try not too overthink and stress yourself out while you wait. Finding a good distraction with something you enjoy in the meantime will help until you can finally open that present to yourself and hopefully find joy in your purchase. Best of luck!

+1

Jul 2, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #24 of 26
I imagine most of the sound leakage differences are due to differences in the pads, yes.  In my experience all the closed back beyers isolate decently if they are sealed reasonably at the front.  So using the right pads that seal well against your face should help.

Look into the gel pads they used to make.  Not the -most- comfortable imo, but they do seal very well.

Jul 6, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #25 of 26
Okay, here they are. no replacment needed, nor any regrets involved.
Those are the most isolated cans I ever heard. let alone without any music, just on my head I can't hear anything happening outside.

And, yeah. the sound leakage on a dead-silent room is so hard to spot, even on extremly-high volume, so outdoor use won't be any trouble.

I should have ordered the 770 PRO version :)

Jul 6, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #26 of 26
  Okay, here they are. no replacment needed, nor any regrets involved.
Those are the most isolated cans I ever heard. let alone without any music, just on my head I can't hear anything happening outside.

And, yeah. the sound leakage on a dead-silent room is so hard to spot, even on extremly-high volume, so outdoor use won't be any trouble.

I should have ordered the 770 PRO version :)

I'm really glad you like them.

Enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back