I should hammer it out Westone 3 & TF 10 PRO
Mar 23, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #46 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ya, just be prepared to do alot of work with getting the fit (or spend some money on um56 :p).

lol.... I have spent a lot time on getting the fit on my q-jays b4
and I have chosen a triple-flange
Will the tri-flange provided by W3 give me a similar feel like qjays'

Mar 23, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #47 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyle_t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, vocal wise, westone 3 will be better.
you can try playing vocal songs on foobar2000 (with that frequency spectrum bar chart on), that way you can see the range of frequency peaks for female vocals you listen to.

I have tried just now, mainly between 620-3.0k
Is it mid-range?? (I didn't study physics = =)

Mar 23, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #48 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by cancam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know if they feel similar, but triflanges with W3 substantially boost everything below 500 hz and cut off treble past 13 khz.

Quote:

I have tried just now, mainly between 620-3.0k
Is it mid-range?? (I didn't study physics = =)

Music producers defined midrange, not physicists =). Yes it is midrange.

Mar 24, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #49 of 57
Quote:

well out of the non-custom tips I use with W3 the standard (long) comply and triflange modded to bi-flange are the best IMO. you just snip the smallest flange off. this makes them more comfortable and also lets the highs exist a little better. a tiny roll-off on the highs doesnt hurt the W3 so much.

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #51 of 57
Quote:

$295 ? Are you talking about USD ??

It is impossible to get on in HK = =
It should be around $400

By the way, what do u guys prefer btw tf 10 pro and westone 3

I bought my e500 at Citysuper! in CWB Time Square back in Aug 2006 for HK$4000.. a couple years ago i found a guy in Mongkok on the 9th floor of one of the buildings near the MTR station on the street past the market street--around the corner of the mk computer center. (i think his shop is called av9000.. around here: to: 22.319088,114.171193 - Google Maps).. he has a nice collection of accessories, you can buy tips and everything. I am not sure how much he sells the se530... or where the cheapest place is, but i would recommend checking out the many audio stores in MK. In anycase, if you ever need to deal with warranty, definitely go directly to the service center.... they replaced my e500/se530 twice in a manner very typical of Shure and very untypical of HK.

Mar 24, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #52 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought my e500 at Citysuper! in CWB Time Square back in Aug 2006 for HK$4000.. a couple years ago i found a guy in Mongkok on the 9th floor of one of the buildings near the MTR station on the street past the market street--around the corner of the mk computer center. (i think his shop is called av9000.. around here: to: 22.319088,114.171193 - Google Maps).. he has a nice collection of accessories, you can buy tips and everything. I am not sure how much he sells the se530... or where the cheapest place is, but i would recommend checking out the many audio stores in MK. In anycase, if you ever need to deal with warranty, definitely go directly to the service center.... they replaced my e500/se530 twice in a manner very typical of Shure and very untypical of HK.

I know where is it, but I am not in hong kong now
are you come from HK?

Mar 24, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #54 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if they feel similar, but triflanges with W3 substantially boost everything below 500 hz and cut off treble past 13 khz.

Music producers defined midrange, not physicists =). Yes it is midrange.

oh, Physics (subject) in Hong Kong require students to learn about the frequencies

Mar 24, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #55 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well out of the non-custom tips I use with W3 the standard (long) comply and triflange modded to bi-flange are the best IMO. you just snip the smallest flange off. this makes them more comfortable and also lets the highs exist a little better. a tiny roll-off on the highs doesnt hurt the W3 so much.

I hope I can order it before the coming of April.....
I will try this later, thx for your advice

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #56 of 57
Quote:

oh, Physics (subject) in Hong Kong require students to learn about the frequencies

Physics cover waves ofcourse. What I meant is 'midrange' is a denomination that is not a physical concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back