I seem to prefer sealed to open headphones, even in a quiet room
Aug 2, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #16 of 21
You really should get a regulated linear power supply like the one I linked. (Just be sure to use a polarity converter too, at least for that one that has normal polarity.) Some STAX owners have had their amps/fuses fry due to unexpected things happening with their power. An unregulated power supply won't protect against that and can spike up, potentially causing damage to the amp. (Though it's safer if you're using a surge protector.) It's not always a sudden thing either; it can happen over time, seeming fine at first, until it's too late.

Aug 3, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #20 of 21
Sorry, I must have missed your question. Just scroll down on the product page to see that it is regulated.

The euro wart the Stax came with has one of these two-pin changeable barrel connectors on the end. So if you find any appropriate linear regulated warts with fixed voltage and the changeable ends, let me know since I already have the correct end for it.

I did read, though, that the 252S has a step-up inverter circuit inside that apparently already regulates and even sometimes misbehaves with some regulated power supplies' own circuits. I still do want to try one, though.

Aug 3, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #21 of 21
The euro wart the Stax came with has one of these two-pin changeable barrel connectors on the end. So if you find any appropriate linear regulated warts with fixed voltage and the changeable ends, let me know since I already have the correct end for it.

I did read, though, that the 252S has a step-up inverter circuit inside that apparently already regulates and even sometimes misbehaves with some regulated power supplies' own circuits. I still do want to try one, though.

You should post this stuff in the entry-level STAX thread.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/the-entry-level-stax-thread.676272/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back