I seek Bed-Fi!
Mar 14, 2002 at 3:19 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by RMSzero
Help me find the best Bedphones. Right now I'm using my HP890s in bed when I read, which doesn't really work because the pillow presses against the back of these massive headphones which is uncomfortable.

Nothing wrong with your cans. You need an HP890 compatible pillow, that's all
wink.gif
Just tuck your pillow so that it only touches the back of your head and lay still...
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2002 at 5:11 AM Post #17 of 26
Mar 14, 2002 at 5:32 AM Post #18 of 26
I have fallen asleep with the Beyer DT770's before. Slept comfortably on my back the whole night. Only problem is they were a little sweaty around the rims. That's when my "washing" question came up.

Mar 14, 2002 at 10:59 AM Post #20 of 26
i think the microphonic effect will be enhanced by the contact between ER4/6 with your bedsheet, matress, pajama etc. So ety isn't good for bed listening.

I recommand the HD590 from Senn ..

Mar 14, 2002 at 4:01 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by planar
i think the microphonic effect will be enhanced by the contact between ER4/6 with your bedsheet, matress, pajama etc. So ety isn't good for bed listening.

I recommand the HD590 from Senn ..

Of course one could always replace the Ety 4's cable for about $40 and be rid of the microphonics issue completely.

Mar 14, 2002 at 4:10 PM Post #22 of 26
Funny, but I wear my Ety 4p's to bed all the time, and I sleep on my side! Maybe you guys have tough pillows or something, but it never bothers me.

Mar 14, 2002 at 4:29 PM Post #23 of 26
HD600. I've drifted off to sleep in these guys only to come back and turn off the amp and CD player before I sleep for good. The downside is you can't sleep on your side tho
eek.gif

Mar 14, 2002 at 4:46 PM Post #24 of 26
I have success using my Sony 7506 with the Beyer pads. They are robust enough to fling off in your sleep and have a one-sided cord which is handy if you don't enjoy being strangled in the middle of the night.
smily_headphones1.gif

Side sleep will only work if you put two pillows end-to-end and sleep with the headphone earcup resting in the groove between the two pillows. Not entirely successful but does work.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back