I really, really like Moderat......please recommend similar artists!
Oct 16, 2013 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

JackRabbitSlims

100+ Head-Fier
Hi - I have just spent a few months in Germany and got hooked on Moderat - really love their stuff and was wondering if any of you out there could recommend something similar?

Yes, I know Moderat are a collaboration between Apparat and Modeselektor....i have some of their individual albums on order 
wink.gif

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Oct 17, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 17
OK, just bumping this thread a wee bit, but also sharing this site that I found while searching for similar Music to Moderat...you just enter the artist you like and it will present similar artists that you may like - kinda cool and big help for my original question.

http://www.tastekid.com

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #3 of 17
Tell me if you find anything!

Big Moderat fan myself.
Maybe you would like these:
Trenemøller
Atoms for peace

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #4 of 17
Hey Fredrik - thanks for the suggestions

Have heard some Atoms for Peace and much prefer Thom Yorke fronting Radiohead TBH - 
biggrin.gif

Will do a search on Trenemoller and have a listen.

I did find another Berlin based DJ called Ellen Allien - have you heard?? - She has a pretty good thing going and may try one of her albums?

Oct 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #5 of 17
I think you mean TrenTemoller.......yes??

Oct 20, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #7 of 17
biggrin.gif

Give Ellen Allien a blast and tell me what you think?

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #12 of 17
Moderat was founded by Apparat and Modeselektor, two artist you might want to check out as wel.

Also try out a kick-ass girl called Ellen Alien. The highly experimental Max Cooper is always a treat.
Another one that will take you to higher dimensions is Kolektiv Turmstraße and Extrawelt And if you want to kick
those feet on the floor, listen to Solomun.

Let me (us) know what came close to your liking...

Dec 1, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #13 of 17
looking for more artists similar to the below. there is so much out there under the banner of techno, idm, downtempo, ambient. any recommendations to narrow the field would be appreciated.

apparat
arandel
christian loffler
freescha
french 79
jan blomqvist
jon hopkins
kiasmos
max cooper
moderat
modeselektor
olafur arnalds