I quit smoking on the fourth.
Jul 13, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #31 of 39
Still going strong.

I havent used the patch for 5 days now and keep a couple pieces of nicotine gum with me in case I get "The Fear".

I'm an incredibly fidgitty guy and smoking was always something to do to keep me busy. I find that I'm really bored now. I went to the bar last night to meet some friends, and it just wasn't fun. i think ti'll be a long time before I'm able to sit in a bar without wanting to smoke again. i would chew gum at the bar, but I haven't been able to find a gum that goes with Bass. Ho hum.

I quit on the 4th, so that was 9 days ago. 1+ packs a day would be around 220 cigarettes. 220 cigarettes at about 5 minutes per cigarette is around 1,100 minutes of smoking or 18 hours of solid smoking.....DAMN!

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #34 of 39
Good for you, keep it up! I smoked for longer than I would like to admit. I mostly quit about 6 months ago. From 2 packs a day to less than a pack a month. I'll have a smoke or two when I'm drinking considerable amounts of beer, otherwise nada. My wife still smokes very heavily. I wish she would quit but she doesn't want to. I hope she figures it out before it's too late.

~Zip

Jul 27, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #35 of 39
Been smoking for 25 years and quited smoking on 7th July a year ago. Smoking has given me coronary arteries disease and I have 3 arteries clogged. One of which was 95% narrowed and my cardiologist told me that I was lucky enough that it was discovered early enough to prevent a heart attack or a major stroke. Anyway, just celebrated my 1st year anniversary with a Alessandro MS1 as a gift from my wife
smily_headphones1.gif
... Smoke-free life is A LOT better than when you are smoking. Smoking is a friggin expensive past time in Singapore (around US$7 a pack and I smoked 2 packs a day). With the money that I save from quitting smoking, I can use it to buy something special for my wife or myself (hint: head-fi related of course..)

Jul 27, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #36 of 39
Hang in there Bill. You can do it!

Jul 27, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #37 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemonkeys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
three weeks going strong.....and I get bronchitis.

This isn't supposed to happen to non-smokers.

Happened to me, too.
I guess the bronchitis just knows it's the last chance ......

Jul 27, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #38 of 39
I quit 5 years ago and I'm thankful I survived the ordeal. I couldn't believe what I was hacking up and spitting out! The lungs needed to clear themselves so they can take in the clean air.

Don't forget this struggle, so you won't be tempted again. One cig, and your hooked again.

Congrats!

Jul 27, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #39 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemonkeys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and I get bronchitis. This isn't supposed to happen to non-smokers.

One of the benefits I've discovered since kicking the habit three years ago is that I rarely get sick. I am sure the bronchitis is a just an aberration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back