I put my Sansa clip through the washing machine...
Feb 18, 2010 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

s1rrah

Headphoneus Supremus
Long story short ...

I put my humble (but great sounding) little 2gb Sansa Clip through a full hot water washing machine cycle and then a complete dryer cycle ... I accidentally did this as I forgot it was in the pocket of my jeans. Duh.

Anyway ... I figured it was lost, but for kicks, I wedged it into the air conditioning vent in my bedroom and let it dry there all night ...

The next day, I hit the power switch and it fired right up! All my music was still there and it worked like a charm.

It's true I have a lovely new 16gb S.flo 2 coming in a week or two but I'll always be fond of this little clip if only because it simply refused to die ... even when being cycled through steaming hot water, detergent and the heat of a machine dryer.

Wow.

regular_smile .gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 16
clips are like cockroaches, they just dont die?
wonder if my fuze will survive a machine wash.

Feb 18, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by happybuns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
clips are like cockroaches, they just dont die?
wonder if my fuze will survive a machine wash.

try it
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #6 of 16
Does the Clip have an "instant on" feature? I've washed two Walkmen over the last few years and neither one came back on (the 729 screen came on when connected to the computer but would not come on on it's own, and then afer a few days wouldn't even come on with the computer). I guessed that the tumbling caused a button to get pushed and it came on and shorted out.

With many portable electronics if they get wet and you let them dry out WITHOUT TURNING THEM ON they can be recovered. My phone did come back after washing it.

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #7 of 16
Nah, you have to push a spring-loaded switch for several seconds to turn the clip on.

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigCW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah, you have to push a spring-loaded switch for several seconds to turn the clip on.

I does "instant" on, however, whenever you plug in a USB cable ...

Mine's still going strong. Listened to it all day at work today. No problems ...

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it sound cleaner?
wink.gif

har har

i've put loads of electronic stuff through washing machine+dryer.. they've all come out alive
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigCW /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm thinking that may explain why it survived the washing and my Walkmen didn't.

Feb 19, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it sound cleaner?
wink.gif

My guess is the bass has lost its muddiness, the mids have a more liquid tone, but the highs are drier.

My iPod has been through a lot, but not a wash cycle. I bought it used and beat up for cheap, and have since accidentally dropped it at every available opportunity. After several dozen encounters with concrete sidewalks the hard drive makes a horrible clicking noise when it spins up, but other than that it's working okay.

Feb 19, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #15 of 16
my old roommate used to have a clip. that little dap was pretty tough. he threw it in his car, on the floor and didn't take care of it at all and no problems whatsoever..not that im suggesting you do the same :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back