I own HD595s,pmx100s and Considering MS1s .
Feb 26, 2008 at 9:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

NikZ

New Head-Fier
Right now I have HD595s and pmx100 and want to try Grado's.
The question is will I experience something different from Sennheiser if I buy Alessandro MS1s? or should I save up and aim for the higher ones like SR225 or MS2i?

Feb 26, 2008 at 9:40 AM Post #2 of 9
my advice is always try and buy the best you can, and buy the other bits (headphone amp, recable mod) later.

hands up, i do like Grado,.......look i compare the Grado and 595's like this. Grado's are like a freezing cold fizzy drimk on a hot day, it'll sting and fizz, all the way down your throat. the 595's are like a smoothie....a nice Micky D's milkshake. both will refresh you, but in different ways.

the Grado's are sharper than the 595's but that's not to say they're better! the Alessandro's (which i've not heard) are suppose to calm down the frowrd presentation of the Grado's, which i never had a problem with.

try the HD25-1's is my advice. they offer the most 'unlike Sennheiser' sound in the Senn range.

Feb 26, 2008 at 10:58 AM Post #3 of 9
Me? I would save up for the MS2i's. I have some PX100's which I believe are very similar to the PMX100's. I find the PX100 and MS1 to be similar in some ways. The MS1 is a better headphone, but not drastically better. If you want a startling difference, MS2i. Great rock can. But as the Captain said the HD25's are pretty damn good and are alot more versatile than the MS1 or MS2. I still prefer my MS2s though.

cheers
Simon

Feb 26, 2008 at 12:06 PM Post #4 of 9
I own 595s and MS1s and I enjoy them both. The 595s sound very smooth and are amazing with classical music. The MS1s have a nice tight bass and seems to have more top end sparkle. They are not as comfortable as the 595s, but I may have a little play with different pads.

Feb 26, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #5 of 9
Thank you for your reply. I think I'll save up for the higher ones.
Oh and is it true that MS1s sound similar to px100,pmx100?. I thought MS1s should be a lot brighter since its made by Grado and what about SR80 and SR125?
I find my pmx100s sound very warm (Is this how you describe it? I'm still a newbie
biggrin.gif
)
anyway , thank you very much! and truely sorry for my English
frown.gif

edit : one more question. Is it just me or my HD595s have little bass? I cannot compare them to any other one than my pmx100 and they're bassy.

Sorry for too many questions. It's just that I'm very excited as I just got a good pair of headphones first time in my life.

Feb 26, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pieman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me? I would save up for the MS2i's. I have some PX100's which I believe are very similar to the PMX100's. I find the PX100 and MS1 to be similar in some ways. The MS1 is a better headphone, but not drastically better. If you want a startling difference, MS2i. Great rock can. But as the Captain said the HD25's are pretty damn good and are alot more versatile than the MS1 or MS2. I still prefer my MS2s though.

cheers
Simon

Huh? I find the PX-100s and the MS-1s to be completely different animals. The PX-100 is dark and veiled compared to the MS-1, while the MS-1 is much more brighter than the Senn.

Feb 26, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #7 of 9
I would save up for better ones as well. I own the SR-80's (similar to the MS1's) and the 595's. To tell you the truth the 595's are better, especially when they are recabled. Go for the SR225's, SR325i's or the MS2i's.

Feb 26, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #9 of 9
So the MS1s is really brighter than PMX100s?. Anyway I have decided to save up for the better ones.

I'm still wondering if the HD595s suppose to give less bass than pmx100 . I guess I'll have to look into the HD595 appreciation thread.

Right now my ears are screaming "give me more!!" and my wallet is telling me to cut my ears off. :frowning2:

Thank you for your advice , everyone. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back