I need suggestions soon
Apr 1, 2010 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

GuruTech

100+ Head-Fier
Helloo!!
I want a pair of skullcandy headphones for my birthday (they look so cool!!) and can't decide between TI and skullcrushers. Does anyone have any complaints or preferences or reviews, etc. about these headphones? I need a pair that hold up really well, I tend to break things... and is the quality worth the price? etc.

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #2 of 10
Although I have not heard both, I have heard the Ti. I would say get the skullcrushers. The bass on the Ti does not hold up compared to the K701.

Regarding durability:
Treat your toys better. Simple problem, simple solution. There is nothing that cant be broken when abused.

Apr 14, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #4 of 10
Hey....One of my friend told me about this Skull candy Ti headphones Amazon.com: Skullcandy Com Ti Multimedia Headphone (Black): Electronics

I read the specs and reviews and got so impressed that i ordered them last night from amazon... Good quality~low cost! Awesome
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #5 of 10
The SkullCrushers are more of an 'experience' than a serious .. sound choice. Personally I'd skip them both and go for a pair of AKG K518. Of the 4 pairs of K518 that i've owned, i gave two of them away to previous Skullcandy owners. I'm not convinced of the build quality of any of the SC's i've owned or tested.

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #7 of 10
Search "Skullcandy" in the search bar above, and you'll see what headfi is about.

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #8 of 10
i loled at the guy who recommended the k701 when the topic creator is asking for a skullcandy...lol

anyway, now that we are all back on earth 

I say skip skullcandy since they are basically the worst you can ever buy, get something like the JVChas700 instead and look SEXY instead of cool, and have a much nicer quality experience overall and much cheaper.

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #9 of 10
I agree with swbf, the ha-s700 look awesome, i got one at my local store and im thinking of buying one as my cousin's graduation gift
since grados are nowhere to be found.

Here's a story. The first headphones I bought were the SC Lowriders. Being a complete noob in sound quality, I still thought it didnt sound any different from my JVC gummy earbuds. The moment I tried them on, I heard a cracking sound. I just shurgged it off, not knowing that the headband broke a couple weeks later. The inside of the headband contained cardboard enclosed in cheap plastic.

I went up the ranks and bought JVC flats for a lower price than the lowriders. And so begins my journey..

Jun 25, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
get something like the JVChas700 instead and look SEXY instead of cool, and have a much nicer quality experience overall and much cheaper.

Agreed...they were my first set of audiophile cans. Great sound...specially the BASS. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back