I need some serious help picking a new work IEM
Feb 6, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #16 of 20
Does the ma750 have decent treble extension?

It's not bright, but not overly smooth either. Again, and I'm speaking from memory, they had decent treble extension with slightly recessed mids. I remember describing it as very v shaped, so treble was probably clear enough and reached decent levels. i went for it's bigger brother as i wanted more detailed mids... which i got. It's more than double the price though but even still has mids that are slightly recessed.

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #17 of 20
The Yamaha EPH-100 is definitely a bright set, again very V shaped. Bass goes deep and is very well controlled, very fast bass. I'm listening to it now and it's probably one of the brightest IEMs I own, reaches very high... and is very clear. the downside to the EPH-100s is the cable, it doesn't match the workmanship that went in to the housing. Isolation is extremely good as it goes in deep with it's custom tips.

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #18 of 20
The RHA MA750 might be more suited to your preference, it's an over ear IEM and definitely has better isolation than the 1More triple. I believe it has pronounced bass that isn't overwhelming and overall good highs. 

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #20 of 20
The Yamaha EPH-100 is definitely a bright set, again very V shaped. Bass goes deep and is very well controlled, very fast bass. I'm listening to it now and it's probably one of the brightest IEMs I own, reaches very high... and is very clear. the downside to the EPH-100s is the cable, it doesn't match the workmanship that went in to the housing. Isolation is extremely good as it goes in deep with it's custom tips.

From what I've read I think the Yamaha would be too busy heavy for me. After really thinking about it, as much as I truly love the dn-2000, I'm not sure I would purchase it again due to its slight comfort issues. I only use my headphones at work and they started to become slightly painful when trying to wear them 8 hours a day. It's like I need a compromise between isolation, comfort and sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back