I need some everyday boots for the snow
Sep 2, 2007 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

GSurge

500+ Head-Fier
In a similar vein to this thread, I'm looking for new boots. I usually wear Shoes for Crews but the slip resistance doesn't do much good when what you're standing on is shifting around. I need some fairly deep treads for this winter, as there is usually 1-2 feet of snow on the ground from October to April.

Some requirements:
1) Online shopping / shipping. I can't get to storefronts from here.
2) "Wide" sizes.
3) Comfortable.
4) Waterproof.

Any tips?

Sep 2, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #2 of 19
I don't know much about Snow Boots, but I can recommend checking out Zappos they have free shipping to and return shipping if you have to ship them back. I've ordered from them several times, no complaints
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 3, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #4 of 19
That's cute, but a little too eskimo. How about casual boots that can weather the snow?
tongue.gif

Sep 3, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #5 of 19
Consider insulated rubber boots, but be warned: they are not all comfortable.

I once had a cheap pair of Redballs, and in time, gave them away as they were lacking in the comfort department.

I now own a pair of Servis Northerners which are so comfy that I have done serious hiking in them. Warm, too.

There is a French brand whose name I do not recall, which is expensive and has world-class comfort. Don't know if they are warm.

Hope this helps...

Laz

Sep 3, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #6 of 19
If you want less Nanook look at some of the snowboard / skate manufacturers for their winter non snowboarding boots. DC makes them and probably others as well.

Sep 3, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #8 of 19
ok... i was a liftie for three seasons, so maybe i can help:

-first: http://www.campmor.com ... they have a pretty good selection, and usually good prices...

-second: the Sorel Caribou is good, but laces are a potential spot for snow or water to come in... boots with side zippers or buckels of some sort are good... i have a pair of Columbias and i can't complain...

Sep 3, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #9 of 19
Hmmm, maybe I should rephrase the title. I need boots that will make it easier/less wet to get through the snow, not literally "snow boots."

Sep 4, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSurge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, maybe I should rephrase the title. I need boots that will make it easier/less wet to get through the snow, not literally "snow boots."

Oh - you mean snowshoes!

Laz

Sep 5, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #13 of 19
"Kodiac", a Canadian company, makes some very good boots but I think they've outsourced some of their designs recently, so they could be hot and cold. I don't know if they're sold in the U.S. or not. Their website is rather odd, since under "Wilderness" models, they list sandals, but if you look under "Safety Boots" you'll find soft-toed boots ( not safety boots ) listed with 3M inslolate lining. I've had Kodiac boots last and remain waterproof for years.

http://www.kodiakboots.com/footwear/index.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back