I Need Some Advice.
Nov 15, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #16 of 29

Quote:

I read the review again, highlighting some key words this time lol. =)

Quotes:

"sonicscoop - NYC's music and sound creation connection"

"My friend and I got into it pretty quickly yesterday"

"The folks at Grado [which is based in Brooklyn, NYC – ed. note] recently sent a pair of their new PS500’s to me for review and testing."

"Because at an MSRP of $600, there is absolutely NOTHING on the market that comes even close."

"I took my pair out to a recording session in L.A. and asked the entire band and the assistant engineers to try them."

Okay fine they're made in New York and worth a thousand bucks... but why did he fly to L.A. overnight? :p

to let the entire band try them, obviously. are you even reading?

Nov 15, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #17 of 29
Yes I am reading:

"By being American made, they save big bucks from having to import phones from China and can, instead, bulk up on the technology. The PS 500s are available now as you read this review..."

Wait... these are American made, and that's how they obliterate all the competition, since the competition is made in China, which is more expensive to import... is that what he's saying? Lol.

Jlox1 this is the type of stuff you should not be writing in your new review blog. :)

Nov 15, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #18 of 29
guys..i wish i was more of the scammer.. err reviewer type of person 

Nov 17, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #24 of 29
If you have to bump this thread, it is obvious that no one cares. Let it die.

Nov 18, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #26 of 29
Honestly, if you want companies to send you stuff, you usually just have to ask, assuming that they're making a relatively new product (nobody NEEDS another HD650 or K701 review and they've been out long enough that a lot of the people that care to hear them have found the means to). Last winter, Fanny Wang approached us all and most of us thought it was a gag. He challenged us to try them, so I contacted him and lo and behold, I got a pair in the mail. And just recently, I contacted Philips on a whim asking if I could try their Fidelio L1's. Apparently I can when they come to the US. Don't expect to keep anything though. That's usually not how things fly. The most heartbreaking thing I've had to do recently was send out a Burson HA160D and Hifiman HE500.

Oh, and if you start getting more experience, Marcus at Headfonics would be glad to publish something of yours provided you review either a newish or interesting headphone. I'm not too sure if he'd accept an SRH750 review because most of the hype for those has passed, though you can certainly try.

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #27 of 29
I will definitely try that Ishcabible, probably with a less prestigious company, I doubt Sennheiser would do anything like that yet . 

Nov 19, 2011 at 6:16 AM Post #28 of 29

Quote:
I will definitely try that Ishcabible, probably with a less prestigious company, I doubt Sennheiser would do anything like that yet . 

Good luck; I've asked more companies than I'd like to admit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back