I need maximum attenuation from outside noise - help me find the best monitors.
Oct 27, 2014 at 3:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jackson1

100+ Head-Fier
Help me find some monitors, preferably In-Ear, with the best sound isolation possible. On top of the In-Ear monitors, I will use the best earmuffs I can find. I have zero experience with In-Ear monitors, but I think they are the best solution for this, right? They don't have to be top class HiFi models.

The priority for me would be:
1. Isolation. Best broadband attenuation.
2. Price.
3. Sound quality, especially midrange.
X. Looks, brand, comfort, whatever, doesn't matter.

The reason for this is, I need to be able to move around a microphone in front of a guitar cabinet and hear the microphone in the 'headphones' while the guitarist plays his instrument. The purpose is to find the best position for the mic in relation to the speaker. Typically, this is pretty difficult and sometimes impossible, because the sound from the speakers leak into the closed headphones I'm normally using for this. A guitar amp is often pretty loud when sounding its best. So I can't properly judge what's being picked up by the microphone. I want a better solution with much better isolation if possible.

Please give me a few tips. Anything is welcomed! :)
Can In-Ear's be custom moulded to fit my ear? Will that help attenuation significantly?
Are there generic moulded In-Ear's ready to use?

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back