I Need Help!!!!
Sep 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Davery

New Head-Fier
I am going slightly crazy for a good pair of IEM's. i had previously listened to a pair of klipsch x10, that i bought for cheap, but new. then i decided to go for the sony xba-4, thinking that 4 specialized BA drivers would be better than the one BA in the X10. Sadly i found out that its not entirely true, and the sony pair had issues with the mid range, and the base was not snappy as i thought. I have enough money to buy up to a $300 pair, but don't hesitate to recommend pairs of more value. I listen to all genres, but more leaning towards house or electronic music. I need something good in the lows as far as nice, tight, and snappy bass, as well a good and noticeable mid-range and good highs for the synthetic high notes and or clear vocals. Please tell me what you think is thee best and i appreciate all responses. Thank You.

Sep 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #2 of 7
  I am going slightly crazy for a good pair of IEM's. i had previously listened to a pair of klipsch x10, that i bought for cheap, but new. then i decided to go for the sony xba-4, thinking that 4 specialized BA drivers would be better than the one BA in the X10. Sadly i found out that its not entirely true, and the sony pair had issues with the mid range, and the base was not snappy as i thought. I have enough money to buy up to a $300 pair, but don't hesitate to recommend pairs of more value. I listen to all genres, but more leaning towards house or electronic music. I need something good in the lows as far as nice, tight, and snappy bass, as well a good and noticeable mid-range and good highs for the synthetic high notes and or clear vocals. Please tell me what you think is thee best and i appreciate all responses. Thank You.

Westone UM3x sound like they may fit the bill.  Also, in the future I suggest you search for one of the "help" threads pertaining to your questions.  A thread titled "I Need Help!!!!" is a little obnoxious and you may have a lot less hits and recommendations from experienced head-fiers who are sick of threads with vague titles like this.

Sep 15, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #5 of 7
I believe they are supposed to be a little more balanced in their sound sig.  From what I gather, if you want the extra punch on the low end go for the UM line.  If you are looking for more of an audiophile sound look at the Westone line.  I own the UM3X and love them but I have never heard the Westone 3s or 4s...

Sep 15, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #6 of 7
Also, check out this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-295-iems-compared-vsonic-vc1000-added-09-03-13-p-760

Users who are viewing this thread

Back