I need help!!!!
Jan 30, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #16 of 21
upgrade your music quality... then if you listen to trance/rap/rock you should look at a brand other than sennheiser IMHO (maybe a [size=xx-small]surround
rolleyes.gif
[/size] grado phone).
also, if you are concerned about power/space use, you can use the unofficial oggenc to get a highquality sound ("near lossless" standard) at about 160 vbr. thx

Jan 30, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #17 of 21
hi,

your music is mainly 128 kbps mp3...at that bitrate the highs are most compromised and may lack the clarity..

also HD555 are a great pair of headphones which are warm and rolled off in highs...but highs can be improved and heres how:

1. Download "Pink Noise" from Burn-in wave files: white noise, pink noise, frequency sweep, channel mix
2. play it all nite on HD555 on 'repeat' at a medium volume.
3. now in the morning give HD555 a rest for few hours.
4. Put on HD555 and play Money - Pink Floyd and listen to Cash register sounds.

5. Share your experience... i.e if u noticed any improvement in highs.

HD555 are a very detailed pair of headphones..but they need burn in to sound full.

dont buy HD650 so early though..they will sound extremely dark with your current setup and then u ll be disappointed..

HD600 will be better but even then u ll need a good dedicated amplifier

Jan 30, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #18 of 21
Ok ill give that a shot... I just tried re-riping the song and im going to listen to it with hopefully higher quality see if it works.

I'm trying the apple lossess now. We'll see how that goes.

I've had the 555's for over 2 years, so I don't really think its a matter of getting them burned in? But I have no basis for this matter so please tell me if im wrong, i figured I would just let yall know about it. (I listen to around 8 hours of music a day =p)

Jan 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mindcloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok nope, I still miss a good portion of the sounds coming out of the song even with the "lossless" encoding, which is at 928KBS

Compared to your philips earbuds?

Jan 30, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #21 of 21
Try Grado SR60, if you still don't hear the cash register you should stick with the surround earbuds.
regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back