I need help with transportation choices for the holiday
Dec 10, 2006 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Idsynchrono_24

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys, I'm going to be flying out to CA to visit my friends and family this X-mas. I'll be leaving on Dec. 20, but I have no means of getting to the airport. Is it possible to call a cab and have them pick me up to take me to STL airport? I've never had this problem before since I always had a friend available to take me, so I don't know where to start.

Thanks for any help,
Id

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #3 of 10
Isn't there an airport shuttle service? There's a company here that has vans that go around and pick up several people at once and shuttle them to the airport. It takes longer and you have to put up with several strangers, but it's only about $40 to get to Toronto (over an hour).

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #4 of 10
Thanks Bob, I will look into the shuttle service idea, hadn't thought of that one. I imagine that they operate at all times of day? My flight's at 7 Am so I will probably want to leave my house by 5 AM just to avoid any snafus.

Thanks,
Id

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #5 of 10
Do you live near any hotels? Many of them have airport shuttles and will let non-guests take it for a reasonable amount. The last time I did this it was about $12.

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #6 of 10
I'm not sure, I moved out here exactly 2 years ago and havne't been around much at all, just work mostly. I live out here in St. Peters, MO so that's about 20 something minutes away from STL airport. I was thinking cab since I wasn't sure about shuttle services, I just didn't know if you could call a cab service to arrange to pick you up at your home or not.

Catch you later,
Id

Dec 10, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #7 of 10
Eight reindeer and a red-painted sleigh.
tongue.gif

I think most cab companies do pickups if you call them.

Dec 10, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure, I moved out here exactly 2 years ago and havne't been around much at all, just work mostly.

You should get around the city a little, it's a great place and there's a lot going on. I lived in Soulard for a bit and really enjoyed it. The neighborhoods are coming back and there are great restaurants, not to mention the market, which is almost reason enough to move to St. Louis!

Dec 10, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should get around the city a little, it's a great place and there's a lot going on. I lived in Soulard for a bit and really enjoyed it. The neighborhoods are coming back and there are great restaurants, not to mention the market, which is almost reason enough to move to St. Louis!

You don't like Manhattan Beach that much?
blink.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I've been to the market on Soulard, it's pretty cool definitely. I think it's pretty hard to make friends out here though, I think the community just minds it's own business and it's kinda closed off (People in my work place share this opinion too so I know it's not just me). The older people are nice though. I know there's lots going on in STL, but with no one to hang out with there's not really a point to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back