"I need help! Something isn't working!" FAQ
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2016 at 12:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

I can't edit my profile or post pictures.
Whenever I post anything it says a moderator must approve it.

Due to major issues with spammers, new accounts have heavy restrictions on them. After you have been a member a few days and made a few posts, you will be automatically upgraded to a regular member and then you'll be able to do these things without restrictions. Please DO NOT repost if your post doesn't appear straight away. Please wait for a moderator to approve it. 

Head-Fi loads very slowly. The editor is very slow to type in. 

Firstly, please try disabling Adobe Flash, or set it to only load when required, eg: 

In Google Chrome, go to settings -> Advanced Settings -> Privacy > Content Settings (button) > (scroll down to) Plugins and select "Let me choose when to run plugin content".

Presently I don't recommend installing Flash if it is not already installed on a computer due to almost constant vulnerabilities being exploited using it. If you do need it and you are using Safari, install ClickToPlugin.

If you are still having trouble, then feel free to post a thread here (or post in the existing one about the problem).

I'm not receiving Head-Fi emails.

Firstly, please check that they are not being automatically routed to your spam folder. You may have to add the Head-Fi notifications email to your address book or create a filter.

Where did my post go?

If you can't find one of your posts, go to your profile (click on your avatar top-right in the black bar) and click on the "All Posts" link. If it isn't there, PM a moderator. 

I'm getting obnoxious audio/video ads whenever I visit Head-Fi.

We don't allow audio or video ads on the site. Please post the URL and a picture of the ad. We need both of these things to take any action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back