I need help deciding between the Sennheiser 598 or the Ultrasone HFI-780.
Mar 31, 2012 at 1:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

IvanKozlov

New Head-Fier
Okay guys, I am trying to decide between getting either the Sennheiser 598s or the Ultrasone HFI-780. I am extremely new to this, and these headphones will be the first high quality headphones that I have purchased. I mainly listen to Dubstep, Techno, Progressive rock, Alternative Rock, Metal, and Symphonic Metal. Which of those headphones would be best for my musical preferences? Thanks in advance!

Mar 31, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 8
Heya,

Different headphones. The HD598 will not drop for your in Dub, but it will be great for your other genres. The HFI780 will likely be the better bet as it covers all bases (pun intended). The HD598 doesn't have much sub-bass presence.

Really, I'd consider these headphones based on what you listen to:

Beyer DT990 PRO

Alts:

Beyer DT770
Shure SRH750
Ultrasone HFI 2400
M-Audio Q40
AudioTechnica A900X

Very best,

Mar 31, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 8
The HFI-780 is definitely better-suited to your genres, but you may want to check out MalVeaux's suggestions, too.

Mar 31, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 8
Owning the 780's, they are quite good for your music tastes. What else are you looking for in a headphone? Comfort? Portability? The 780's are very portable for being full sized but can be uncomfortable, as they squeeze your head quite tightly. I stretched mine over a box for a night to loosen them up and they feel MUCH better now. Just things to consider as you will be spending a lot and, I assume, using them everyday or at least quite frequently.

Apr 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #7 of 8
If those don't do it for you, I'd recommend trying the Fidelio L1.

Apr 1, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #8 of 8
I would say you made a good decision based on the needs you described. Post back and let us know what you think of them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back