I need help considering a pair of k271 studio
Jan 31, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #16 of 26
Great to hear all the positive opinions of the K271S. I am expecting mine in tomorrow.

Jan 31, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do velour pads influence sound and isolation?

The only downside is that with velour the pads slide up over time. I like to pull my earphone pads down and front. It slides up and presses up on my ear, very slightly. With worn elastics it may be less noticeable, but my elastics are new.

Jan 31, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by holland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only downside is that with velour the pads slide up over time. I like to pull my earphone pads down and front. It slides up and presses up on my ear, very slightly. With worn elastics it may be less noticeable, but my elastics are new.

First time I hear something like that. I can have them on for 10 hours straight and they do not move a iota.

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go for K271`s and the new Corda 2Move DAC/amp.
This is probably what im going to buy.

I'll vouch for Meier products, own one portable amp and one DAC/amp now. Jan makes a great product.
I haven't had any face time with the EMU mentioned prior, but while I hear good things, keep in mind, Meier makes his products with headphiles in mind, and not as an afterthought.
That said, enjoy the AKG's. I have the K701's but if I ever needed a closed solution, the 271's would be on my l short list.

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First time I hear something like that. I can have them on for 10 hours straight and they do not move a iota.

*shrug* They slide up on me in less than an hour.

Feb 1, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by TKvC-SainT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone thinking of buying K271S should check this AKG Revamps Headphone Line out. Could be a good reason to hold off buying them until they release those.

Why should people check this out? Do you think the K271S will get cheaper now that there is a virtually-identical "mk II" version? The only difference seems to be that maybe it now comes with two cables and two pairs of earpads, and the piece of plastic on the left earcup around the cable jack is less shiny.

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:06 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why should people check this out? Do you think the K271S will get cheaper now that there is a virtually-identical "mk II" version? The only difference seems to be that maybe it now comes with two cables and two pairs of earpads, and the piece of plastic on the left earcup around the cable jack is less shiny.

Like said, many invest in a pair of velour pads for these anyways, so it´s great getting those in the same package as the 'phones. Also the other 5 meter twisty cord could be useful to some. I don´t think it would be bad to wait anyway, like you said if your still only interested in the "Mk1" then that would probably get a price drop. I do like the looks of the "Mk1" better, as the new Mk2 seems to have a blueish tone.

Also the text seems to indicate performance differences...

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #24 of 26
Simple question of arithmatics. How much is a new MK2, and how much is an old pair plus velour pads. If this doesn't differ much, I'll get the newer version - mostly out of curiousity.

Good to live in old Europe. The old 271 has developed towards the 100€ border anyway.

Feb 1, 2008 at 1:07 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to live in old Europe. The old 271 has developed towards the 100€ border anyway.

I live in the Netherlands and the cheapest I could find them was €125, almost all stores sold them for €160 or more! I think €100 would be damn cheap for headphones like this.
smily_headphones1.gif

Besides the Revamped line of AKG studio 'phones there are probably also coming new ones: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/new...phones-288493/
But I think it'll be a while before they will be available for sale.

Feb 1, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #26 of 26
Amazon.de - actually:

K271.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back