I need help choosing between multiple headphones under 300$
Aug 17, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #17 of 23
So would you say they're the best I can get for under 300$ without AMP?
So far, yes. Are there other headphones you are interested?

I can say for sure: the Meze 99 Classics are the most efficient headphones I've ever have. It doesn't need an amp at all.

Aug 17, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #18 of 23
I read they have a V signature. If so they will not work well with vocals.

Aug 17, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #19 of 23
So far, yes. Are there other headphones you are interested?

I can say for sure: the Meze 99 Classics are the most efficient headphones I've ever have. It doesn't need an amp at all.

As I said, I'm interested in anything under 300$ that doesn't need amp, if there's anything better than Meze 99 Classics, you can recommend it.
How do vocals sound on them?

Aug 17, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #20 of 23
As I said, I'm interested in anything under 300$ that doesn't need amp, if there's anything better than Meze 99 Classics, you can recommend it.
How do vocals sound on them?
The vocals are loud. Keep in mind the vocals might be a bit too loud or to strong but after some time you'll get used to it.
The same applies for bass. In the beginning the bass is a lot boomy (which I really miss it!) and after some time, the bass will be well controlled.
I use it too for games and movies. And nope, the Meze 99C doesn't need an amp.

Aug 17, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #21 of 23
The vocals are loud. Keep in mind the vocals might be a bit too loud or to strong but after some time you'll get used to it.
The same applies for bass. In the beginning the bass is a lot boomy (which I really miss it!) and after some time, the bass will be well controlled.
I use it too for games and movies. And nope, the Meze 99C doesn't need an amp.

Thank you very much.

Aug 17, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #22 of 23
Equally, I want them all to sound good. I don't want for them to sound "muddy" on higher frequencies or to have piercing highs, but I also don't want them to have weak bass. So something that could be used for literally every type of music and it sounded good without any noticeable flaws would be perfect for me.
You won't find headphones without any noticeable flaws. There is always a sacrifice to be made. The 99s are really good, and the majority of this community would agree. Especially for the price point. My advice is to get the 99 Noir - It comes with 2 sets of pads. Install and use the smaller set. They tame the bass a bit. It's still slightly emphasized, but it's nice. A little thumpy, but not overly so. The mids are simply fantastic - vocals and guitars sound superb. The highs are never harsh or splashy. It's a really nice lively, energetic, and organic sound.

Aug 17, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #23 of 23
You won't find headphones without any noticeable flaws. There is always a sacrifice to be made. The 99s are really good, and the majority of this community would agree. Especially for the price point. My advice is to get the 99 Noir - It comes with 2 sets of pads. Install and use the smaller set. They tame the bass a bit. It's still slightly emphasized, but it's nice. A little thumpy, but not overly so. The mids are simply fantastic - vocals and guitars sound superb. The highs are never harsh or splashy. It's a really nice lively, energetic, and organic sound.

Is there any difference between 99 Noir and 99 Classics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back