I need help choosing an aftermarket cable for HE-500..
May 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

the8o88y

Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm about to purchase a Hifiman HE-500 to combo with a Schiit Lr and Bifrost.

What is an ideal replacement cable to get for optimal audio quality? I know the HE-500 has great mids, so I was thinking maybe a cable that might enhance treble and perhaps to a lesser extent, bass?

I know there's no such thing as perfect in audio, but any suggestions you'd have would really help me out. Thanks in advance!

May 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 4
It all depends of budget... But you'll already know. You did wrote your about to purchase HE-500 to combo with the Schiit, but I would advice you FIRST to buy HE-500, let it burn-in for some time and get used to the sound. After you get used to the Hifiman sound you would know what to look for... Personally I think a copper cable is the best match with HE-500. It softens the upper high frequencies and total performance is on it's best. You've sure read postings about Toxic-cables (fair good pricing), Canare is also preferable (budgetwise), but I also can recommend you Entreq Konstantin cables. Really nice made, perfect in combo with Hifiman, but not that cheap. But as said, it's all about budget...

May 10, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #4 of 4
And not only looks are great :). I only use this cable with my LCD-2 and HE-6 and I do like them on both headphones. I don't have HD800 anymore, but if I had also HD800, i think I wolud also recable with Entreq Konstantin. For my ears it's a good allround cable.

I don't feel the need to experiment with other brands of cables anymore... But like many others on this forum, I wouldn't put that on paper :wink:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back