Itamar

Head-Fier
Hello.
This is my plan:
- Audio Technica ATH-ESW10 Headphones
- 160GB iPod Classic.
- iBasso P3+ portable amp
- iBasso CB07-iPod Line Out Cable

What do you think? how is this combination?
I got more questions for you because I am newb but first I would like to hear your opinion.
BTW- sorry for the bad english.. it's not my native language and it's very late in the night here in my country (Israel).
Thanks, Itamar.

Mar 29, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #3 of 49
I love pop, rock, soft rock, funk and a little bit of classical music.
I listen to The Beatles, Elton John, Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, etc.
Can you please help me guys? I need your help
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2010 at 9:06 AM Post #4 of 49
from the look of that setup you should be set. although, maybe instead of buying the 160gb ipod, buy a 5.5gen and under and use rockbox for native FLAC support, and save your self a couple of bux

Mar 29, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #7 of 49
Yea, I would not get the ipod. Id try to find a Sansa Fuze 1.0 with rockbox installed for you, and then buy a 32gb micro SD card, or a few 8gb or 16gbs and save yourself a lot of stress. If you really want to get serious, get a cowon s9 32gb and skip the ipod and sansa since you want to get the amp as well.

also, the Ibasso T3/4 are meant for IEMs, like ear buds and not really good for full sized. At least in my opinion. I'd get the slightly more expensive ibassos. If you are willing to sacrifice some hard drive space on your new sansa or cowon s9 hehe, you can afford the D2+boa and get the esw10s and live in absolute audio happiness forever and ever and ever.

Mar 29, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #8 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Itamar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello.
This is my plan:
- Audio Technica ATH-ESW10 Headphones
- 160GB iPod Classic.
- iBasso P3+ portable amp
- iBasso CB07-iPod Line Out Cable

What do you think? how is this combination?
I got more questions for you because I am newb but first I would like to hear your opinion.
BTW- sorry for the bad english.. it's not my native language and it's very late in the night here in my country (Israel).
Thanks, Itamar.

The setup feels nice, maybe get an imod instead of the ipod, with the headphones there are a few options, do you need nice isolation .

Mar 29, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #9 of 49
I don't get it.
What's wrong with the iPod? is it the sound quality? or the iTunes is the problem?
I mean, it's the only mp3 which has 160GB of space.
I read a little bit about the iMod and it's too complicated for me. Forget about it :S ..
swbf2cheater- Is the Cowon S9 better than the iPod?
And I never planned to buy iBasso T4/3, I planned to buy iBasso P3+ .
kunalraiker- I do need an isolation, but sound quality is more important for me.

Mar 29, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #10 of 49
You can get the 240gb iPod if needed haha.
The iMod is an iPod that has all the crappy parts taken out that make the Line Out sound bad compared to what it could sound like. There is always at least one for sale here.

Mar 29, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #11 of 49
I am confused.
The bottom line- is it fine or not fine to buy the 160GB iPod Classic?
I am not going to buy an iMod.
Also, what about the whole set?
I mean, I don't know if the ESW10 headphones will fit to the iBasso P3+ and the iPod Classic (with iPod Line Out Cable ) .
If you need to know what are my music preferences, I wrote it in one of the first messages.
Thanks.

Mar 29, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #12 of 49
Why not buy an iMod lol? They aren't that expensive here on the forums. At least you will have peace of mind.

What generation is the 160gb u are talking about? Is it the latest one? If so, it is decent, but there are other players like Walkman X1060, iMod, Cowon S9 etc that are better SQ wise.

Mar 29, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #13 of 49
It's the newest 160GB iPod Classic.
The reason I want to buy is because I will probably have to convert everything to WAV (because iTunes doesn't support FLAC ), and WAV files weigh a lot so I need at least 160GB..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back