I need comfy flip flops...
May 23, 2005 at 12:17 AM Post #17 of 26
Being an island boy all my life I will give to you what knowledge I know about "slippahs". First, no one calls them "flip-flops" or "shower shoes", only the un-educated would do so, they are just "slippahs" or the proper "slippers". Second, dont buy those flimsy cheap half inch phoneys trying to pass themselves off as "slippahs" you will only ruin your feet or they will break when you need to run away from somewhere (like your neighbors yard after you stole all their mangoes!) Third, you get what you pay for! Like panasonic earbuds or Shure E4's you only get what you pay for! (dont buy those cheap skinny slippahs! ever!) Now that we got that out of the way, here are some suggestions. Reef - lots of styles, really comfy, highly recommend, and the ads they put up have killer chicks with nice booties! about 30 bucks. Merrell - ultra comfy, but they kinda look weird and they cost a bit more. Scott - the rubber ones are fine, but the leather ones are the bomb. Comfort and classy enough to wear with your favorite Aloha shirt. (not Hawaiian shirt! but thats another thread) And my favorite, Oakley - dont get the cheap rubber ones, get the one with the leather band and fungus proof suede. These are the BEST slippers I have every worn, bar none! They cost almost $100 bucks, so dont even try them on if your not serious. I did and I bought them right away! Thats how comfortable they are. Or you can get a comfy pair the "poor mans way". Go to a party with your junky slippahs on, when you leave look for a nice pair and take those! ROFL Nah just kidding (I have actually seen this happen on more then one occasion!) Hope this helps you, and good luck!

May 23, 2005 at 3:47 AM Post #19 of 26
I've learned through this thread that "flip flops" go by more names than I ever knew. The only other one I had ever heard was thongs. And I decided to get the LL Bean ones, thanks for the recommendations!

May 23, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #20 of 26
I have a pair of Teva Habits .

They are comfortable and are holding up well. I own a few pair of Tevas and have been very happy with them.

I have a pair of Birkenstocks, but they kill my feet. The arch is to defined.

May 23, 2005 at 5:46 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shosta
We have a lot of fun when we see at Spain tourists with sandals and white socks.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yeah i'll bet they are from the UK....
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
rs1smile.gif

May 23, 2005 at 6:21 AM Post #22 of 26
Nah I know they are all from Deutchland. The brits all wear soccer jerseys. REPRAZENT!
600smile.gif

May 23, 2005 at 7:02 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Figo
Where in andalucia? I spent the four best years of my life in el puerto de santa maria.. 100 meters from the beach.
600smile.gif

To the east: Málaga. Now my job it's in Madrid
frown.gif

May 24, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #24 of 26
REEF flip flops
I wear mine everyday and only wear shoes when I absolutely cannot wear my Reefs (e.g. work, rain) just check the tanlines on my feet.

I've owned three pair, and have worn this most recent pair for probably a year or so. They are perfectly molded to my feet, super comfy, although this pair probably needs replacing due to extreme use.

i have no regrets, and will be buying another pair soon.

May 24, 2005 at 7:09 AM Post #26 of 26
bought a pair of reef classic lows today... 40$ is pretty steep but not that much compared to kenneth cole or something else. i wanted flil flops to wear with jeans in the summer but i guess this is all i can spend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back