i need an mp3 player that looks like a cd player or cassette player
Jul 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

crossjeremiah

100+ Head-Fier
so my job is a government job. and they only allow cd players and cassette players on the floor cause we're dealing with personal information. so is there anything that looks like a cd player or cassette player.  or any modders who could make one. i will pay 70+ for one.

Jul 28, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #2 of 31
Don't risk your job over this. Get an mp3 CD player.

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #4 of 31
that would work. havent heard about those forever. good idea. like do they hold more than a mp3 cd

Jul 29, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #5 of 31
. Most minidisks are low capacity(120 MB?), however ther is high MD with  is 1 GB. HiMD blanks are expensive($7+ each?)So are HiMD players and recorders($170+?) Imo an MP3 CD player is what makes the most sense as far as cost, media cost, and sound quality.

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #6 of 31
It might be best to stick to the rules if your job depends on it, but there's always this old MP3 player:

(Creative Nomad Jukebox 3)

It was released sometime in 2002 and came in 20GB capacity. It was the first MP3 player I bought early in 2003. It sounds very good for a Creative player. I gave away mine, but regretted it and got a new one off Ebay. Now I've got it plugged into my stereo. With wave-files on it, it sounds great.
The Nomads are collectors items nowadays but you should be able to find one for a reasonable price. The problem might be to connect it to your computer. The Nomad players might not agree with newer Windows versions or other operating systems, but if you've got a computer running Windows XP I don't think you'll have any problems.

I also think that MiniDisc is a good option, however the HiMD-players might cost a bit too much if you're just planning on casual listening...

Jul 29, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #7 of 31

Jul 30, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #8 of 31
thats still considered as a mp3 player. i still dont get why cd players are aloud on the floor, which cds are technically are a recording device. well what ever. Does anyone know good mp3 cd player brands. all i find are coby and i hear they really suck. i also bought a Beyer dt1350 for $250 . because my grados sr-225i will leak sound so i'm excited nonetheless

Jul 30, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #9 of 31
I had a Panasonic mp3 CD player that was excellent. Some of the Sony ones are also good. I think there are compact Sony ones that use only one AA battery. The Panasonic I had use two batteries. I guess you should check EBay for these. The high quality ones are very hard to find new now.

I saw some used Panasonic and Sony ones on Ebay. I didn't see new ones there. The Panasonics all probably sound good. Some of the Panasonics though don't display song information, just a song number and folder number.

Jul 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #11 of 31
That's what I was thinking. But I want the buttons to work to interact with the cd player as a mp3 player. And just be hidden parts in a cd player. But I'm not that much tech savvy to do something like that. The security doesn't really check your stuff. but I want the trojan horse idea just to fool my superiors. So they believe its a cd player

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #12 of 31
Quote:
. Most minidisks are low capacity(120 MB?), however ther is high MD with  is 1 GB. HiMD blanks are expensive($7+ each?)So are HiMD players and recorders($170+?) Imo an MP3 CD player is what makes the most sense as far as cost, media cost, and sound quality.

Any reason they have for not allowing MP3 players applies to HiMD also. 

Aug 1, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #14 of 31
a phone is a recording device. and himd is technically a mp3 player. but they allow cd players because it doesnt have any camera. and they assume all mp3 players have cameras and they dont feel like checking each and every persons items. 
im probably getting my friend to circuit rewire a mp3 player to a cd player so the buttons interact and everything. just need to sauder things and cut holes in the cd player for the usb slot . fun project anyways.

Aug 1, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #15 of 31
This...

...Plus this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back