i need an amp for 100 dollars
Sep 27, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #2 of 7
Um you are gonna need to give us some more info than that haha. Solid State or Tube? How big can it be? Will you be using it portably as well? What inputs/outputs do you need? etc

Sep 27, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #3 of 7
I need for it to be able drive a DT880. Size can be anything because I've got plenty of room on my desk. I would prefer solid state. Just a simple 6.5 mm input and 6.5 mm output would be nice. It would be really nice to be able to get a DAC packed in but it's not really needed.

Sep 27, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #4 of 7
Take a look at the uDAC or uDAC2.

Sep 27, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 7
x2 on uDAC2 - it's a nice little combo unit and you can upgrade the amp later if you like using the uDAC2 as a dac.

Sep 27, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #6 of 7
Those are both DACs. Pretty bad for driving full sized headphones. Their headphone amp isn't really the best and it can no way drive a DT880 properly.

OP, what ohmage are your DT880? Most amplifiers have RCA in and 1/4" output btw.

Sep 28, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Those are both DACs. Pretty bad for driving full sized headphones. Their headphone amp isn't really the best and it can no way drive a DT880 properly.

OP, what ohmage are your DT880? Most amplifiers have RCA in and 1/4" output btw.

Yeah that's what I thought. 
It's the 32 Ohm version. I'm thinking I might not even need an amp at all but if I plan on upgrading anything it might be nice. I will get a large grant of money in January so I thought it would be smart to buy an amp now and buy a pair of headphones in January.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back