I need a PAN function and a PEQ that works. . .
Sep 5, 2010 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Satellite_6

1000+ Head-Fier
. . . in Foobar2k or via a VST bridge.

I did a search for similar terms but the results were nonsense or really old threads, maybe I just suck at searching. I'm surprised Foobar doesn't seem to have an option to pan L/R like my DAP does, can I download something to do that? The reason being some of my albums lean drastically to the left or the right and it bothers me. Also I've given up on Electri-q (free version) because when you save a preset it never works for very long, it eventually comes up as "incompatible preset file." While the EQ in Foobar is great, I like very flat sound so I would like to try to mess around with a parametric equalizer.

Thanks for any help. . .

Sep 6, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #2 of 12
..or you could try a better player:
f5f0241944e0901cdd5776773f6b6.png

http://www.project9k.jp/download/uLilith/

but what you really is a crossfeed plugin apparently, like this one for instance: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/475007/head-fit-software-crossfeed-and-eq

Sep 6, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #3 of 12
Hmm that does look pretty cool, but is it a parametric EQ? I don't think I want another player. . . I like the large EQ in foobar as well as the way it gives you all sorts of info on the files.

I'll try this out.

Sep 6, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #4 of 12
uLilith processes VST plugins natively in 64bit float, and has an automatic latency compensation so you can use EQ plugins in "linear phase" modes w/o any audible latency whatsoever(foobar cannot do it):

Sep 6, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #5 of 12
I have no idea what that means, but it sounds good. I might consider switching if I have to. . .

The thing you suggested is buggered:

EDIT: if i switch to that media player what PEQ could I use?

Sep 7, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #9 of 12
OK, well I'm going try ulilith, maybe it's Foobar's fault.

How do you add songs to the media library in this thing and how do you add head-fit?

Sep 7, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #10 of 12
there's no media library, only a playlist...my fav. feature is that you can right click on any audio file and choose "open current folder in uLilith"...I'm so addicted to this feature, no need for cue or m3u files anymore :)

right-click on its GUI and choose "VST plugins"...as simple as that, and they're processed in 64bit float. VST plugins sound awfully good in uLilith.

Sep 7, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #11 of 12
OK, well i added the head-fit .dll and selected show on startup, yet nothing comes up. Bleh. . . nothing works for me. . . thank you for trying to help tho. . .

I've tried both head-fit and head-fit light. . . am I missing something. :frowning2:

Sep 7, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #12 of 12
if I set head-fit like this, it does show up when I open audio files:

you could also try my settings, they seem to work quite well for some ppl...or you could finetune them to your taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back