I need a good MP3/4 player
May 3, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #16 of 26
They have a larger capacity, if you consider that better, then yes. However, they are far more fragile. A good fall can end a HDD player, whereas a flash based player will keep on playing. 

Quote:
Are HDD players better?

May 4, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #18 of 26
That is up to you my friend. I have weighed the benefits of each and found that the J3 is the perfect portable player. I'd read reviews on both and see what you come up with. But as for me, I'd take J3 any day of the week. 

May 8, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #23 of 26

Quote:
Do you recommend the 601s?
The 602s probably aren't within my budget.

Thats how it starts - you'll end up with something that looks a lot like this :

HM-801 (~$800) -> EF5 (~$790) -> HE-6 (~$1200)

Hey, thats a top-drawer audio setup (at least FWIR) for less than 3K : one day, you'll thank me. :wink:

(if nothing else, you will be able to impress your friends with your sig cred. Alternatively, you could just get the Clip+ and a pair of RE-ZERO : your call).

May 8, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #25 of 26
     Quote:
Do you recommend the 601s?
The 602s probably aren't within my budget.

I haven't heard a HiFiMan player before, might listen to a friends sometime soon. Personally, when it comes to portable gear, I prioritize other things (e.g. battery life) over sound quality, as most portable gear is used in casual situations where you have to interrupt your music to talk to people, and there is background noise etc. I'd suggest going for a cheaper player than a HiFiMan and invest the extra money into some really good in-ears, if you haven't already, and even then if you're really serious about your music, start saving up for a home rig, cause portable won't really cut it in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back