I need a driver level crossfeed plugin for Windows 7
Jan 15, 2010 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jmmtn4aj

Headphoneus Supremus
So I recently purchased an LD MKIII, and the lack of crossfeed is killing me, especially in movies. Is there a low level layer that allows me to have crossfeed across all my programs? (be it iTunes, which I'd really like to keep using since I have an iPod and an iPhone, MPC, games etc)

I use an E-MU 1212m, and to be honest I've never played with any of the settings beside changing it from 48 to 44kHz. Can you actually stick a crossfeed filter into the DSP Patchmix software? Do DSP plugins work for output?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I didn't read through all the threads first
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #2 of 7
Well okay, it doesn't have to be driver level then. Is there perhaps a program that I can output in ASIO through, have it crossfed through VST, then sent back to Patchmix?

Jan 15, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #3 of 7
Oh balls. Audacity doesn't cut it due to licensing issues with VSTs, so no real time processing. Not really. The workaround to do it is so long winded I came close to stabbing myself in the face a few times.

Guess I'll install Fb2K. The thing is able to watch my iTunes folder and add new music to the playlist automatically right?

Jan 15, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #4 of 7
you could use VAC, reroute it in KS to a VST host, then output to your soundcard in ASIO/KS...et voila
smily_headphones1.gif

but yes, I wish some manufacturer would allow VST plugins support at the driver level in 32/64float...that'd be so neat.

PS: indeed maybe your EMU Patchmix could come in handy..never used it.

Jan 15, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you could use VAC, reroute it in KS to a VST host, then output to your soundcard in ASIO/KS...et voila
smily_headphones1.gif

but yes, I wish some manufacturer would allow VST plugins support at the driver level in 32/64float...that'd be so neat.

PS: indeed maybe your EMU Patchmix could come in handy..never used it.

KS? And right now the biggest hurdle is getting that VST host
frown.gif
Patchmix has a bunch of features, but VSTs aren't one of them..

Jan 15, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #6 of 7
if you use VAC in Kernel Streaming(possible from winamp/Reclock/foobar and so), you can transport bit-perfect audio to your VST host.

I think the new Vista/W7 audio kernel also allows plugins?

anyway, you can also play your movies through ffdshow+Reclock, and you'll get VST plugins+bit-perfect output on top
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back